20 Wounds

Brooke watched as the red eye bounced on her feet and held her fists up, ready for a fight. Her fangs gleamed as she smiled wickedly at Brooke.

"Party time. " she cackled as she flung herself at Brooke. Brooke narrowly avoided the collision as she slid below her and came to her feet where the red eye once stood.

Brooke saw Aiden narrow his eyes and growl at the red eye.

Brooke noticed that the hunters had all been killed amd this red eye was the only one left. Most of the fighters had left as well, either to the infirmary, or to a faraway place Brooke didn't want to visit anytime soon.

The red eye let out a growl as she came towards Brooke.

She landed a hard right punch to Brooke's jaw. Brooke heard a crack and felt her jaw slacken.

The red eye had a hint of smile, but it quickly vanished when Brooke's jaw healed instantly.

"You can't kill me. " Brooke said calmly as she cracked her knuckles.

"But I can't say the same for you. "

The red eye had fear written on her face, but quickly masked it with a nasty snarl.

"Happy trails." she sneered as she continued to punch, kick, scratch, and do anything that might hurt Brooke. Nothing lasted longer than a second. Aiden was seething with rage as he watched the scene in front of him. The red eye was starting to become agitated with the fact that Brooke would only heal. She let out an angry puff of air and turned her back on Brooke.

Brooke rose a questioning eyebrow as the red eye lifted her hand to the force field. She muttered a few words before turning back around to face Brooke.

"I can't kill you in battle, so I'll just kill what you love most. " she sneered. Brooke felt her heart drop as her eyes flickered to Aiden. The red eye saw this and let out a laugh. Brooke turned to glare at her, but as her eyes made their way to the red-eye, she sped away. Brooke cursed as she realized the red eye must have taken down the field.

Brooke saw the red eye stop in front of Aiden and quickly sped to his side.

The red eye was too fast, and as she raised her clawed hand, Brooke felt her insides twist.

The ripping of skin filled the air and Brooke saw red.

She flung herself towards the red eye and tackled her to the ground. She threw punch after punch, and the red eye didn't fight back, because she knew she had already won this battle.

Brooke gripped her head and swiftly pulled it off of her body. The sound of bones cracking was the only thing heard as Brooke shakily rose to her feet.

Her heart was in her stomach and her palms were sweaty.

She didn't want to turn around, she didn't want to see what this red eye had done.

Voices traveled around and a shrill scream woke up Brooke's senses.

She slowly turned around to see a man laying on the ground. His black hair fell about his face as blood seeped from his wounds onto the ground.

His shirt was ripped and blood coated it.

"Armando. " Emelia wheezed out as she fell to her knees. Brooke furrowed her brows in confusion as she spotted Aiden standing next to Adam, his only wound a scratch on his shoulder.

"No, no, no. " Emelia sobbed.

Brooke met Aiden's eye and he nodded towards Armando before glancing at Adam.
Adam was staring at Emelia holding Armando's head in her lap. His stare held no jealousy, no anger, but it held respect.