18 Bliss

Only two days had went by since Aiden had told her he loved her. And only two days since she had returned the saying.

She was in love, and that was dangerous, because now she had a weakness, several actually.

Brooke stood from her current position on the couch in the room with the fireplace, which she now calls the fire room, seeing as it's the only room with a fireplace, and stretched her limbs. She was surprised that she had awoken without the nightmares the past few days, maybe because Aiden had been with her.

She was so used to the fact of her having constant nightmares, she even had them as a human, and now he has just made them vanish as if they were never even there.

"Hey, Benny, how's it going? " Brooke snapped her head to face the voice and her eyes flashed red. No one called her that, Barlem got by only because he was older than her and she knew he had more experience, but this human was not an exception.

She had him pinned on the wall with her hand wrapped around his throat within a second. His eyes widened, but the rest of his face remained a façade.

"That's not my name. " Brooke growled. She knew she shouldn't have let her anger get to her like this, she knew she needed more restraint.

"Okay, sorry." Armando said, his voice strangled.

Brooke let her fangs grow as her eyes blazed red.

"Brooke. " he said quickly putting his hands up in surrender as she let out a growl.

His hands rose to cover his face and she knew she taken things too far. She quickly dropped her hand and took several steps back.

Armando lowered his hands and rose his gaze to face her.

"I was a hunter, I was raised to kill you and every other supernatural I come across." Armando said slowly.

Brooke focused her attention on Armando as he continued.

"I was bred for war, not peace. But you must understand that I have made my own decisions. " his eyes reflected his emotions as he spoke.

"I was a hunter, but I am no longer. I wish to be considered one of you, not an outsider. Please do not treat me as one. " Armando said as his eyes traveled to the wall. Brooke felt sympathy for him, because he was probably going against everything he knew by being here. He was going against his family, probably earning hatred from many he thought would always be there for him.

"Okay Armando, you will be one of us, but this war that is coming up, " Brooke was cut off when Armando smiled and laughed.

"I will be right behind you when this goes down. Do not worry, I'm with you, not against you. " he said resting his hand on her shoulder and smiling at her.

Brooke felt her heart swell at the commitment everyone was giving her, despite her being a vampire.

"Thank you Armando, I may have judged you too soon. " Brooke said as a smile lit her face. Armando's eyes twinkled for a second before he let his emotions dial down.

His hand fell from her shoulder and nodded at her once before walking towards the door.

"I'll be here, Brooke. " Armando said as he walked out of the room and took a left down the hallway.

Brooke sighed and knew that she had seen only the bad in Armando, like she usually does. She overlooked many things, and now she knows that Armando is good, and when he wants to yell people more about himself he will, Brooke wouldn't push him.

She made her way to the window and gently pushed the thick curtains aside. She let her eyes roam over the large hills miles away from where she stood. She wished things were different. She wished many things, and Aiden's safety was among them. But Brooke knew she couldn't guarantee anything, but she sure as hell would try.

She saw the sun starting to set and was grateful she had another night with her new family. Maybe the last, maybe not.

She pulled the curtains closed and let her hand linger on the thick fabric which was surprisingly soft under her touch.

Her eyes drifted to her hand and she wanted to try something, to see if the rumors were true.

She let her nails grow from her left fingertips and slowly brought them to her right hand. If the rumors were true, she'd heal in seconds.

She quickly sliced Her right hand and winced. Her eyes widened when the cuts came together and vanished to leave nothing in their trace.

"Brooke. " she lifted her gaze from her healed hand to face Aiden. He stood in the doorway watching Her. How long had he been there?

"Is your leg okay? " he asked quietly. Brooke hadn't checked her leg, but she had a feeling they both already knew the answer.

She bent down to lift up her pant leg and wasn't surprised when only smooth skin was there.

"I heal instantly." Brooke stated as she let her pant leg fall and rose up straight.

Aiden pushed off the wall and walked towards her.

"Some wounds never heal. " he whispered as he traced her jaw with the back of his thumb.

She looked up at him and met his gorgeous brown eyes.

"I can't lose you. " she whispered grabbing hold of his hand.

Brooke had never needed someone so bad before. She had never loved someone as much as she loved Aiden. She had forgotten her parents voices, she had forgotten what it felt like to talk to them, to laugh with them. She no longer saw their faces, for she had forgotten their features. The only thing she remembered about her parents was how much they had loved her, and now she could show that love to Aiden.
"You won't. " he replied grabbing her face with his hands. She smiled as he leaned down and pecked her lips. He pulled away and she saw restraint in his eyes.

She knew what he wanted, and she wanted it too, for all they knew tonight might be the last night they were together, and Brooke didn't want to think about that.

"Let's go to the room." she whispered squeezing his hand slightly.

He looked into her eyes as he spoke.

"Are you sure? " he asked. She nodded and then they left.

The whole way to the room Aiden kept kissing her hand and smiling down at her.

Once they reached the room Aiden quickly locked the door and then his attention was on her.

She felt her heart speed up as he walked closer to her.

He slowly lifted her up from the ground and she wrapped her legs around his firm waist.
He smiled and gripped her thighs. He leaned in and their lips met. Sparks filled Brooke's core as Aiden walked towards the bed.

He lied her down and heated the kiss.

He gripped her hips and she moaned earning a growl in response.

Aiden slowly lifted her shirt up and over her head before throwing it on the ground.

"You're sure? " he asked slightly breathless.
She nodded and he wasted no time in capturing her lips once more.

And that night she was filled with bliss that only her beloved could create.

~•~

A little short I know, sorry, but the next chapter will have lots of drama!

*Unedited