13 Fake It Till You Make It

It was dark, very dark.

Brooke was walking down a narrow road that seemed to have no end.

Brooke flinched when the sun started to rise. She glanced down at her pale skin but saw that the rising sun had no effect on her.

Her brows furrowed in confusion but her thoughts were caught off at the sound of a voice.

"Benevolent, how nice of you to join me in my quest." Barlem's voice rang out.

His figure appeared at what seemed like the end of the road. Brooke stopped walking and stared at his odd figure. His eyes were bright red and his fangs were exposed. The sunlight glistened off of his fangs as he smiled.

Suddenly Brooke was standing next to him and a horrific scene was in front of her.

Her eyes widened in horror at the blood bath she was facing.

Aiden was lying on the ground, his eyes were glassed over and he was covered in blood that seemed to come from his neck.

Amanda and Xavier were lying a few feet away from him, their hands reaching for each other. They had the same wounds.

Emelia was by herself and Adam was a foot away, his head facing her. They all had the same neck wounds.

Brooke looked down at herself to find blood staining her clothes, but it was not her own. Her fangs were exposed and she knew her eyes were red as well.

Tears fell down her cheeks as she shook her head in denial.

"You killed them Benevolent, all of them." Barlem whispered in her ear. Brooke shuddered and continued to shake her head.

"No! You're lying!" she screamed as she turned on him. He smiled and tilted his head.

"Am I? "

Brooke felt a scream leave her lips as she bolted upright in bed.

Her breathing was heavy and sweat lined her brow.

She jumped when her door burst open and Aiden ran inside. His eyes scanned the room before landing on her.

"What's wrong? " he asked worriedly. Brooke knew he was probably only worried because her scream might have made him thought an intruder was inside the house.

"Nightmare. " Brooke replied as she looked away from his perfection to stare at the wall to her right.

She felt his gaze on her and didn't like the awkwardness that had filled the air.

She sat, crossing her legs Indian style before she started to rub her temples. She couldn't get the images of everyone dead out of her mind.

"Are you okay? " Aiden asked. Brooke nodded before answering.

"Do you need something?" she questioned, glancing quickly at him. His face instantly hardened and she knew his mask was back up.

"What happened? I need a complete report of everything that occurred while I was in my coma. " Aiden said as he shut the door behind him and walked towards her.

"Why don't you ask Xavier, he's your beta anyway." Brooke asked as she stopped rubbing her temples and leaned against the headboard. The images were still fresh in her mind but were starting to fade.

"I gave gotten his story, now I would like to hear your side." he said calmly. Brooke sighed before starting to speak.

"Well Emelia is the queen of the sirens, her bestfriend Armando was a hunter, but not anymore, and is staying here for a while I guess. Um, oh yea, I met your pack and they know who I am, what I am. And that's about it." Brooke said. When she was done she clamped her hands together in her lap and looked up at him.