16 Taking A Step

Things were starting to go in Brooke's favor these past few days. She had been living with Aiden for over a week, and she was starting to get used to it. She knew where most things were and she had gotten use to seeing her new friends every day.

Adam and her had gotten close, she could say he was becoming her best friend. Xavier had lightened up and Amanda was too. Brooke could now converse easily with everyone, with the exception of Emelia's friend Armando.

She wasn't sure what his problem was, but she was seriously debating on whether or not to just use her gift and find out.

Brooke really hated the vulnerability her gift gave others, she would prefer that they not make her use it.

But she doesn't always get her way. Brooke was currently in her room. It was about 11:00 p.m. and most people were asleep.

She didn't understand why they went to sleep so early, but Aiden had told her that since he was alpha and Xavier was beta that they had to wake up early to train the pack and do business.

Amanda was by Xavier's side most of the time, she was like his second in command, the third rank.

Adam trained early with the rest of the pack, and Emelia had started to join him.

Armando wasn't so easily accepted. Emelia was the mate of Adam, so she was accepted due to that, but Armando was considered a hunter, even if he gave that up.

Brooke couldn't sleep, there were too many things on her mind. She would end up waking up before everyone else anyways. She sighed before walking out of her bedroom and downstairs to the kitchen.

Most vampires used their speed every chance they got, but Brooke enjoyed walking as much as she enjoyed using her speed.

She walked inside and glanced around. She already knew he was here.

"You're up? " Armando asked, his face was questioning but his eyes told her he already knew the answer.

"I'm a vampire, I don't sleep much, what's your excuse?" she questioned raising a brow.

Armando's brown eyes held humor.

"I sleep when I'm tired, and I'm not tired yet. " he replied simply. Brooke nodded and decided to leave. She wasn't in the mood to be around him while she didn't know who he really was.

She turned around and started towards the door.

"Leaving already? " Armando teased from behind her. She gritted her teeth together before turning around to face him.

"Who are you? " she questioned bluntly. She wanted to know who he was, and if he could be trusted.

"I'm Armando." he responded.

She clenched her jaw at his evasiveness of the question and nodded. She was done with him. She started to walk away, but stopped once his voice rang out once again.

"Why don't you just use your weird powers on me already?" he questioned from behind her. She froze before relaxing and turning around to face him.

"I've thought about it, " she admitted. "but it's always better when the truth isn't forced, so I'll wait until I can't. " she finished before walking out of the kitchen and back up to her room.

She wasn't tired, but she would rather stay in her room than with Armando when she didn't really know who he was.

Was he still a hunter, or did he mean it when he said he had given that up?

Emelia and him are obviously close, and Brooke was sure that the fact that Emelia was almost killed by other hunters probably helped him with the decision to give it up, if he was telling the truth.