Sick

Senju lay on the couch in the Sano families living room, having Emma, Draken, and Mikey watch her, interrogating her.

"Where were you two-three days ago? Outside in the cold?" Emma asked, getting information out of Senju.

She looked at Mikey, who had put a wet rag on her forehead. "I was at the mall, I did go outside with no scarf or jacket on." She admitted, knowing Mikey remembered.

He then connected the dots. "This is why i said to wear a jacket." He said, feeling triumphant.

Draken shook his head. "Cold weather doesn't make you sick. She probably caught something from the mall.

Senju nodded, "I went to a lot of stores, too. I could've got sick from any of them." She said, making the siblings smile.

"So you admit you are sick! Ha!" Mikey said, pointing at her, starting to dance, happily smiling.

Senju's face went blank, staring at him with a bit of disgust at his dance, clearly as a joke.

She sighed, "I have been feeling dizzy and tired.. I've been sneezing a bit too." She said, finally admitting she really was sick.

Mikey left the room shortly after. 

Emma looked at Senju again, "I'm sorry we're being so dramatic, Senju-Chan." Senju shook her head, saying it was fine.

It's nice to be cared for.. she thought sadly.

Draken looked at her carefully, noticing how she acted when Mikey entered and left the room.

He knew she liked Mikey. But why would she lie? Why would she break his heart? He didn't deserve that..

"Kawa-" Draken was cut off by Mikey entering, announcing he found the thermometer.

Secretly, Draken was a bit relieved he wasn't able to ask Senju his question, for some reason.

"Akashi, take your temperature." Mikey demanded, holding out the thermometer, Senju sighed, feeling embarrassed.

She agreed, putting the thermometer in her mouth, pressing the button, and waiting. But nothing happened. Was it broken?

"That's weird.." Mikey mumbled, taking hold of the thermometer, checking its batteries.

He then turned it back to Senju, who was about to grab it, when he told her to open her mouth. "I think you were holding it weird, so let me do it." He said, making Senju blush.

He was so close to her, it made Senju's heart beat faster, scared someone may hear it. She closed her eyes while Mikey took her temperature, hoping she could just blame it on her fatigue.

Then, the thermometer beeped, Mikey felt as though a bead of sweat crossed his forehead.

"So you definitely have a fever.." he said, piquing the others interest.

Emma peeked over, "how bad is it? What does it say?" She asked, unable to see the little numbers clearly.

Mikey let out a breath, "it's 103•F (39.4•C)" he said, alerting the others.

Now, none of them were doctors, but they knew if it got any higher, she would have to go to the hospital.

Emma looked at her brother with worry. "Should we call grandpa?"

Mikey thought for a second, but decided against it. "No, he's not in town yet."  He said, still having lingering anger for his grandfather.

"Let's just wait it out. Grandpa is supposed to come back today, so we'll wait until he gets back to ask." Mikey said, secretly also saying this so he could spend more time with Senju.