Fever

Becca sat me down and started to eat breakfast. I put my head down on the table still sleepy. I think I fell asleep because I woke up in another room. I heard Daddy Alex's voice "Hello Sweetie. You fell asleep before breakfast, so I brought you up here. Don't worry Mommy made some eggs for you. Plus it was egg substitute because I know how real eggs hurt your tummy." He sat down next to me and pulled my little body into his lap. I was so tired I didn't fight back or speak. He grabbed the remote and turned on Cartoon Network. It seemed like no time went by when a sippy cup and some goldfish were placed in front of me. I ate and drank and laid back. Turn out hours went by and we even missed lunch! I didn't know why Daddy wasn't here though. And why I was missing meals, but wasn't getting punished for missing them. "Daddy?" I asked weakly. "Yes Babygirl?" Alex positioned me to look up at him. "Where Daddy?" I was in little space, so I really couldn't make out sentences. "He had to leave for the day." He hesitated. "Daddy I feel yucky. Why I feel yucky?" I asked and stopped talking. I thought I was going to throw up, but I held in the thought. "Baby, you have a fever. Daddy had to leave because he doesn't want to get sick. Mommy and I don't usually get sick because we're health freaks, so I told him we'd call him when the fever broke." I just nodded. I was so tired. Daddy Alex noticed and tucked me under the covers. It was so hot and I kicked them off. He put them right back on, and again I kicked them back off. I could see the frustration lines on his forehead. "Amelia, stay under or I'm tying you up." I didn't have the strength to fight back as I drifted off to sleep.