Chapter 9: Toyine Princess

------------------------------------------------------

Using the help of the allied plane in which Yuna and Yusuru stood, the duo of Pillars landed inside the base just in time for the barrier around it to reconstruct, neglecting outside help and leaving the two inside to fight by themselves. The smaller Pillar peeked down the corridor of the base, seeking to find any Deity that'd go against them while they explore. "It's clear." She said, motioning to Yusuru for the two to run through the corridor.

Hanging from Yusuru's neck was the heart-shaped necklace from the fallen Guardian, too, a way to not lose it and keep her in his memory, a detail important to mention just in case. They reached a cross section, leading to two different parts of the facility.

"I'm sorry, big brother Yusuru, we have to split. I want to find my Eterset and you want to find your friend, so it's best we split up and reunite once we have both." Offered Yuna looking up at her Pillar brother's eyes, smiling all the while. "Sounds good. I trust your judgement, so let's meet up when we're done." With a nod of agreement from the two of them, the Pillars went down separate corridors in search for the things that they sought to find.

While they traversed the facility, back on the ground we could see the rest of the Faction fighting against the Deity's onslaught. We'll focus on one sector specifically, the gauntlets of the Sister of Creation shredded through her enemies with the field advantage she obtained, within her Faction she obtained an immense power boost that gave her the right amount of strength to smash her opponents and the power boosts from Cyte's part made it much easier. On the front line in another sector Aoi and Ren worked together to fend off as many of them as they could, they were particularly weak fortunate for them.

"There's too many of them...i'm almost out of Essence, my Unisence wont last fighting much longer." Complained Aoi shooting a barrage of arrows into the sky that blew down into a rainstorm of them, covering a large area instead. "My fingers are getting tired, and they just keep on coming! It's like there's no end to them!" Answered Ren focusing on playing his music, handling the guitar in his hands with expert precision to inspire the battlefront, effectively working for a boost in morale.

Suddenly, Aoi's hands stopped moving, she froze on the spot seemingly taking in something that she just realized. Ren took notice of this and stopped for a moment to make sure she was alright, getting slowly closer to her. "Aoi? Something wr-?" "LOOK OUT!" Aoi immediately moved to jump back, dodging right on time the devastating slash of a spear of light that shattered the ground in which she stood before with a powerful shockwave that threatened to split the land in two. "Good reflexes, those wont save you for too long though..." The voice and figure that belonged to the one that tried to kill her in one blow belonged to Light, the deity that Yusuru previously fought off. Aoi recognized his voice and Essence in just enough time to react and dodge, Ren following her lead and standing behind him.

"Light..." She repeated, gripping her bow tightly and taking aim. "Long time no see Aoi...i have some unfinished business you see, so let's get right to the point, shall we?" He gripped his spear with tightness, tilting his head to the side and lifting the weapon to point at her with it. "What happened to Yusuru...i thought he engaged you, didn't he kill you!?" Questioned the archer pointing at him and arrow that materialized on her tensed bow. "That he did, and i fell off, so that technically counts as his win. So while he's busy in his adventures, i decided i'd kill you all myself. It's not like any of you stand a chance." Assured the spearman smiling as confidently as ever, getting in position to strike with one of his feet behind him.

Light prepared for a second longer, charging towards Aoi in the split of a second to appear right in front of her to deal the finishing blow right from the start. She was far too slow to dodge an attack realized at the speed of light, leaving her dumbfounded at what to do. As the spear was about to hit her, a claw of darkness stood in the way and gripped the tip of the spear before it hit her, followed by a second fist that struck Light while he was stunned by the grip and pushed him back a few meters.