Chapter 10

The weekend with my brother passed and it was very...interesting, a weekend like no other honestly. Steven had even spent the night on Saturday, of course he slept in a different room. Anyways it was now Monday and that meant it was time for school. I had just finished applying a few finishing touches to my make up when I heard the doorbell ring. I had assumed it was Jake but opened to door to reveal Aaron.

"Heey Aaron." I said confused as to why he was here so early.

"Good morning Jo." He nervously greeted.

"Um come in if you'd like, I was about to make my breakfast if you want some" I suggested.

"Ohh yeaa please" he responded, walking in to my living room.

I began making my way towards the kitchen with Aaron following behind. After small talk and making breakfast we sat down to eat and he finally said what he came to my house for.

"I need you to help me ask out Melissa.

I almost choke on my toast, I'm shocked how did I not see this coming.

After I recollect myself, I agree to help Aaron seeing how they would make a cute pair. He thanks me with a hug and we finish off breakfast and head to school. On our walk to school we start making plans and they just don't seem good enough yet.

 *

First period just ended and it was very tedious since Steven was absent. As I walk out of class I see Jake leaning against the wall smiling at me.

"Hey" he smirks.

"Hi" I reply "You have Castillo right now?"

"Nah I was actually waiting for..um...you" he nervously smiled.

"And Steven too" he rushed in the words.

"Ohh well Steven didn't come today" I frown.

"Really thats strange, anyways come on I'll walk you to class" He beams.

I nod and we began to walk in borderline comfortable and awkward silence. So Jake begins to start a conversation about skating.

"Hey I've never actually seen you skate well like doing tricks and all" Jakes points out.

"Ohh yea huh the only one who's seen me actually skate is Steve."

We reach the door of my class and I lean against the wall and Jake has his had on the wall, he's towering over me a bit.(yes like in cliché movies)

"Hey do you wanna go do something on Friday" Jake timidly smiles.

"Umm...Yea, sure" I agree.

"Cool, It's a date then" he smiles which quickly turn to a blush

"I-I didn't mean like a date date I just meant like a umm..I mean it's not a date. Unless you maybe want it to-

"Jake it's okay, I don't mind" I smile.

"Ok then it's a date" he breathes

"It's a date, I have to get to class now see you later" I say.

Jake then leans down and gentle plants a kiss on my cheek.

"Sorry and see you later" he says.

I walk into class and go over what just happened, I feel- well I don't know what I feel but I kind of like it.

*

We take our seat at our usual lunch table and I don't know if I'm the only one feeling this way but without Steven it feels empty. I wonder why he isn't here, so I decide on texting him.

To steve-o : Steven! Why aren't you at school mister

I begin to pick at my fries and engage into the group's conversation which is an argument on how pick up lines do work. I don't really take part in the conversation I just laugh mostly.

"Jake pick up lines don't work everyone knows that" Aaron snorts.

"Oh really, let's put this to test" He smirks

"Joanna are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears!" He says to me for a moment I think I see a hint of sincerity in his face but brush it off.

I shove his and laugh," That was a good one Jake".

He smirks and shrugs.

"See pick up lines don't work" Aaron said.

"They do" Jake insisted

"Well you don't have a date with Jo yet so I'd say it didn't work." Aaron shrugs.

"I actually do have a date with her" He smiles.

Melissa almost chokes on her water, Aaron sits with wide eyes and I flash them a sheepish grin.

For the rest of our lunch Melissa and Aaron keep trying to ask about our date and we avoid all questions, I'll most likely tell Melissa later in private. Steven never replies to my text and I begin to worry a bit.

The rest of the school day flies by and I have a bunch of homework sadly. I walk home with the guys and it was the walk felt quicker than usual and I was grateful for that. 

When I get home I set my backpack on the couch and head to the kitchen to make myself a snack. I hum a random song as I cut up fruits for my fruit salad. 

Once I finished making my snack I made my way back to the living room where there was a knock on the front door. I looked through the window before opening the door and saw it was Steven. I felt a smile grow on my face. 

I opened the door and Steven bursted in grabbed my face and kissed me, I was shocked and didn't kiss him back but after a few seconds I eventually did. The kiss started rough but now it was soft and gentle, our lips moved in sync and I felt my heart begin to race,my knees sort of weakened, and it sounds cliche but perhaps it's cliche for a reason.

We both pull away and we both just stare at each other in silence for a few seconds.

"Why'd you do that" I say softly

"I just wanted to confirm something" he mumbles.

"Confirm what" I question

"My feelings for you" He looks down.

"Your feelings for me, What feelings"

"I Like you Joanna, I like like you" He admits.

-

What will Joanna do now Jake and Steven both like her. It's the classic love triangle who will she choose and When is Aaron gonna make his move on Melissa tune in next time for the next Chapter of SK8

Idk why I just did that I have issues lol.

Anyways sorry for not updating according to schedule but sometimes I get writer's block and it takes a while for me to get inspiration.

Hope you enjoy this chapter (:

Comment, Vote, please xx