0.4

{Delilah}.

A couple of hours had passed since and I had felt unable to support myself, or pick myself up from the ground. My phone was flooded with messages and missed calls, the noise adding to my headache resulting in me turning it off.

I began to tremble and I couldn't tell whether I was still crying or if I was just that cold, though I quickly began to stop caring about either.

Letting out an exhausted sign, I pulled the door open which led me inside and I hurried to get out of the coldness. I wasn't sure where Calum was in the hospital, but I knew he was here somewhere.

I followed the signposts to a section of the hospital known as the intensive care unit, and as I made my way over there, I was pulled into a bone crushing hug by Mrs Hood once she saw me again.

"Don't run off like that, love. We had no idea where you were, we were worried sick!" She scolded me empathetically. I nodded slowly, taking in her words and promising her not to take off again.

She sighed before telling me it was ok, her hand resting on my shoulder for support. "Delilah dear, would you like to see him?" My head shot up at her words and my eyes glistened with the slightest trace of hope. I nodded furiously, swallowing back a sob and blinking away all my tears.

She led me to a door and we both stood before it, staring at the handle for a few seconds before she twisted it, opening it for me to enter.

"Take as long as you need." She assured me. "He needs you."

I nodded in reply, letting out a shaky breath as I made my way inside the room, unsure of what to expect.

I shut the door behind me and turned to see an almost lifeless figure on the bed. "Calum." I chocked out his name, drifting over to his side.

I looked down at him, carefully taking hold of his hand and being sure not to knock any wires that were attached to him. "It's me, love."

Silence.

I wiped under my eyes, desperately trying my hardest not to erupt into a fit of crying.

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

I took a seat in the chair that was placed at his bedside, keeping hold of his hand, not wanting to let go. "I know I should tell your parents, but, I don't want anyone to stop me from seeing you."

I looked over at him, my heart heavy with guilt. "It should have been me."

"Don't say that."

-