0.7

{Luke}.

"He followed me."

She stood there, looking down at Calum silently, too scared to reach out and even touch him. Then again, he looked as if he could break if the wind hit him too hard.

Her reason still didn't make a full amount of sense, but I didn't have the heart to ask her what she meant. Though thankfully, she continued on a little more, having not quite finished explaining.

"If I hadn't of ran off, he would have never gotten into his car and he would never have been hurt. If he didn't follow me..."

She stopped herself, looking to her side in shame, her sobs were enough to tremble her body.

"Come here." I whispered to her, standing up and pulling her against me. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and cried into my shoulder as I rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"He'll wake up, Del." I assured her, looking over at Calum as we pulled away. She sniffled slightly, looking at him with a sad smile resting on her lips.

"Im sorry."

-

{Delilah}.

I was half asleep, sitting on the uncomfortable hospital chair, resting my head by Calum's torso on the bed. My hand was still holding his, refusing to let go even while I slept.

I heard familiar voices in the hallways sounding from outside the room but I kept my eyes closed and tried to drift back off into a deep sleep.

The door opened followed by the sound of footsteps as people entered the room. I heard a few muffled cusses followed by a horrified gasp from someone.

"Be quiet guys, she hasn't slept in ages. She needs to rest." I heard Luke whisper to the others.

"How's Calum holding up?" I heard Michael, it seems, ask.

"No progress, his parents said."

"And Delilah?" Ashton asked this time, the mention of my name causing me to wonder what they had to say about me.

I heard Luke sigh deeply before answering them, a tone of sadness clear in his voice.

"She's not handling things that well."

"How did this happen?" Michael questioned, his voice strained as he was now in tears looking at his best friend fighting to stay alive.

"I'll tell you outside."

-