Book 3 Sneak Peak

Here's a little something I wrote a while ago for book version of Dalum. It is so special to me: 

The golden light of the evening taints his skin between the shadows. For a moment, he looks untouchable. I stare at him and imagine him like this, like us, living a life unhurt by the fate we were given. He was no longer the boy who had run after the girl, the boy whose heart had stopped beating as he fought for his life under a wreckage, the boy who had to survive so many tragedies. He was just a normal, beautiful guy who never had to understand how it felt to be so brave. A long, lost realisation came back to me: a moment changes everything.Calum looks over to me, chucking his last few stones over the cliff, a familiar smile on his lips. He doesn't look away as soon as I think he will. In fact, he doesn't look away at all. I am forced to retreat my gaze, thrown by the intimacy of the moment. "This reminds me of us." He tells me, but I am confused. It is us here, no one else. "You know, before we said goodbye." "How so?" I ask him. "We were happy. Free, I guess." There was a pulse in my chest. He was telling me that he was happy when he was with me. "But you feel that again, don't you?" "Yeah, I do." Calum answers. "I'm glad you found her. You deserve that feeling, Calum." I feel him look away, notice that something seems to have hurt him, as if something didn't quite work.

- Coming one day.