0.9

{Delilah}.

Sleeping had never been so hard in all my life. I was physically and emotionally exhausted, my body feeling just about ready to give up on me. No matter how hard I tried, sleep just wouldn't seem to come. I was at that stage where you're so tired that you can't fall asleep. It was a slow torture.

When one of the nurses came in to check up on Calum, updating his paperwork, reporting back whatever the scans showed, I requested for some sleeping pills and she very kindly went out of her way to get me some. I swallowed them down with water and only prayed that it wouldn't be long until I managed to get some sleep.

I wasn't quite sure where Calum's parents were. They had been in and out all day, countless meetings with surgeons and doctors, anyone who could give their son the best chance at survival. Luke went home for a little while. He was hesitant to go at first, but he said he needed to freshen up. As hard as it was for him to leave Calum for a little while, he needed his family. He needed support himself as that was all he had been giving me.

Michael went home too, saying that he'd be back in the morning and making us promise to call if we heard anything. He was just about ready to break down, his body trembling every now and then as he forced himself not to cry. It was best for him to go home so his parents. If anyone could calm him down, it would be them.

Ashton on the other hand chose to stay the night. I think it was partially because none of them were too keen of the idea of leaving me on my own, the other because he didn't want his family to see him the way he was. It was known by almost everyone that Ashton was the man who raised his siblings. It was also clear to see how much he loved his family and how much he supported them. I guess he just didn't want to seem anything but strong to them. I wanted so badly to reach over to him and to tell him that it was ok, that he didn't have to be strong, but I couldn't even tell myself that.

After several minutes, I found myself beginning to become sleepy. I looked over and Ashton was already fast asleep leaning back in the uncomfortable plastic chair, a frown etched onto his features even as he slept. My eyes drifted over to Calum who had a mask over his mouth doing most of his breathing for him. His eyes were closed too, only he couldn't open them if he tried.

I let up a silent prayer to God, praying for Him to let Calum live through another night. Before all this, I was never really one to pray, never really one to think much religious wise, but now, its all I've got left. I don't know much about God, but for the little I do know, I know He is good. I put all my heart into that prayer, pleading for Him to spare Calum.

I held Calum's hand in between both of mine, bringing it up to my lips before placing a delicate kiss to his knuckles. Before I knew it, my head was by his side, eyes closed and falling asleep begging to dream of him.

-

Just another quick little update tonight. Hope you're all enjoying it so far. Tell me what you think and also, if you're new to my account, check out my 5SOS Imagine/Preference book. Its got 3 millions reads and is currently #5 in the category fan fiction.