1.8

{Ashton}.

Calum looked so peaceful as I spoke to him, it was as if nothing could disturb him. Despite all the needles and drips which were sticking into his skin, and all the cuts and scratches he had gained from the accident, he laid still and painless looking, his chest slowly rising up at down as the oxygen mask allowed him to breathe sufficiently.

I hope he felt that way, too. I hope he could breathe without any pain stopping him from doing so. All I needed was for him to wake up. Thats all anyone needed at this stage.

I wiped under my eyes, having been crying for a minute or so softly. I thought I could be the strong one, I thought I could hold us all together, but it was just too hard to see him how he was.I don't think anyone could be strong if they saw their best friend the way I do.

"I don't know if you can hear us, but if you can then you would have heard everyone say this. But I really mean it Calum. We need you to wake up. We need you to fight this and we need you back. Thats all we need, Cal."

Speaking to him lifted a great weight off my shoulders and for a moment, I truly thought he could hear me. But hearing someone and listening to someone are two completely different things, and I only prayed that in this case, he chose to listen to me.

What scares me is that Calum could chose to let go. Maybe he already has chosen to. The point is, Calum could leave us all behind in one second, and we'd have to continue living life without him, as if we could do that. People lose their lives everyday, and you never stop to think that one day it might be your best friend. You're never ready to lose someone you love.

It was still hard to see Calum like this, but after a while it didn't seem scary anymore, it was just accepted. What hurt was not knowing if he was going to wake up, and trying to prepare yourself for if he didn't.

"Please Calum," I begged. "Wake up." And once again, I couldn't stop the tears from pouring down my cheeks, or control the sobs that erupted from my mouth, shaking my body. "Please." I begged one last time, having to leave the room unable to look at him for even one more second.

Maybe after all this, he doesn't want to wake up.

-

I hope you enjoy it. Please tell me if you do.