0.8

{Delilah}.

They all exited the room, one after the other, closing the door quietly behind them so I was unable to hear. I wanted to know what Luke had to say. I wanted to know if he truly meant it when he told me that it wasn't my fault. I guess I didn't know what I believed. I knew I wasn't there when it happened, I knew I wasn't in the car that slammed into him, but I still felt so guilty, bearing the burden as if I was the one who hurt him.

Thinking about the accident, I began to wonder if anyone else was hurt, too. Judging by the state of Calum's appearance I would say it was pretty unlikely if no one else was effected, but it came to my mind that I hadn't heard any other news about anyone else involved.

I wondered if I should hate the person who hit him, and the thought lingered on my mind for a while, but it wasn't long before I brushed it off, realising that maybe they too, were left just like Calum. Perhaps they were a mother, hurrying to get her child somewhere, or maybe an innocent youngster learning to drive. Either way, they probably meant a great deal to someone and no one should have to see someone they love in the way that I saw Calum.

I peeled my eyes open, focusing on his sleeping figure, before I sat myself up and stretched my hands out in front of me. My eyes were incredibly dry, a sign from crying to much. I thought about Calum's eyes, reminding myself of they way the would squint when he laughed and I instantly felt myself relax a little at the vision of him, smiling sadly at the three exhausted boys who walked in, fresh tears on their cheeks.

-

{Luke}.

I made sure I shut the door behind us, not wanting to wake up Delilah, or for her to be able to hear us if she did wake up. I let out an exhausted sigh, my chest aching with every breath as I leaned myself against the wall, Michael and Ashton standing before me.

"I don't know everything." I started with, not wanting to be bombarded with questions as I was still struggling to digest the news myself. "But it was pretty horrific from what I've heard." Any sign of hope left in their eyes vanished as the words left my mouth.

"Delilah keeps saying it's her fault that Calum's in there. She swore it was her fault that he left in such a rush, and maybe that part was true, but it wasn't her fault." My heart ached as I remembered how much of a wreck she was yesterday when we first got here. Seeing her like that hurt almost as much as it did to see Calum.

"She said they were arguing when he got home. I think he was putting too much pressure on her so she just wanted to leave for a while. She said that she wanted him to know how it felt for a change, seeing as Calum always has to leave her. She got in her car and drove off. I don't know if she was aware of it or not, but Calum chased after her. I guess he just didn't want her getting lost or into trouble or anything.

Then she got a call about half an hour after she left, telling her that Calum was in the hospital. I got here a few hours after when his parents called me, but that was yesterday and she hasn't left his room since. She was told that Calum had to be put into a coma as that was the only way he could come out of this alive. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but he suffered a severe head injury."

By now, we were all crying softly. Michael was struggling to hold himself together.

"They told us to prepare for the worst." I spoke, my voice cracking at the end.

"Th-they're not sure if he's going to make it."

A loud sob escaped my lips at that point. Ashton pulled me in for a hug, Michel joining in too as we leaned on each other for support. I pulled away and wiped harshly under my eyes, my breaths coming out shaky as I tried to breathe deeply to calm myself. "I wanna see him again." Michael spoke up and we all nodded agreeingly, following him back into the silent hospital room.

-