1.2

{Delilah}.

After a while, Calum's father exited his room, shutting the door quietly on his way out. He pushed the back of his hand against his forehead and sighed heavily, not noticing me sitting next to the door at first. "Oh, hey Delilah." He spoke with great tiredness, Luke looking over and also being greeted, the other two still fast asleep.

"You can go in now if you like, Joy's just finishing up." He informed us and I thanked him gratefully, wasting no time to go inside and see Calum again. I expected Luke to follow me in but I assumed he was just speaking to Calum's dad outside when he didn't.

Mrs Hood turned to me as I entered the room. She was standing at Calum's side, holding onto his hand as her lips were trembling. She quickly wiped at her eyes to rid of any tears and forced a smile onto her face as I made my way to stand next to her. "Hello love." She greeted me, her eyes drifting back down to her son. My eyes followed and my chest ached once again at the sight.

"Did you manage to get much sleep?" She asked me, distracting us both for a moment.

"Not really." I replied, and she frowned a little in disappointment. "I don't know what it was." I lied, knowing exactly why my mind wouldn't let me rest. "Maybe it was just I felt colder without him there, or maybe I was just afraid."

She sighed in response and looked at me sadly, pulling me into her arms for a much needed hug. She pulled away and looked back to Calum for a few seconds, hesitant as she reached down to pick up her bag.

"Well, we're going to head home now. We've got some things we need to sort out. Give us a call if you need anything." She said to me before leaning down and placing a kiss to Calum's forehead, leaving the room before she convinced herself not to.

The room was silent once again and I turned to look down at Calum, just wishing that he would open his eyes. "I'm here baby, its me." I whispered to him softly, taking his hand in mine.

The door creaked open and a sleepy looking Luke entered, walking around to stand on the opposite side of Calum. "Hey buddy." Luke murmured to Calum, taking hold of his free hand and giving it a light squeeze. I watched as tears began to well up in his eyes and he stifled out a laugh to stop himself.

"It's funny really." Luke began and I focused my eyes on him, my heart breaking at how messed up he looked. "Sometimes the hardest things and the right things happen at the same time."

I was puzzled at his words, wondering what he meant by the right things. Surely nothing good would come out of this. I swallowed my uncertainty and let the thought pass, walking over to Luke and letting him crash against me as his quiet sobs shook his body.

Please wake up, Calum.

-