4: So Very Freakin' G---

"So, you're gay, huh?" I started. It was still that same old morning when she brought a baby duck. It was that the same old morning when I found out she liked girls. It was the same old morning when I decided not to go to school. I knew mother was going to be mad again. I didn't care. She was always infuriated. She always looked at me like I was a mistake.

Not going to school was a blessing because I was able to talk to Fhac again. I was so blissful the moment I recognized her voice from my side. I knew it was her. I had been dreaming about her voice. I had been wanting to converse with her.

"Since birth, baby," she replied confidently.

My stomach flipped when she added the word baby. It was that same old morning the first time she said that to me.

"Hot," was all I could say.

"And you, if you don't mind?" she asked.

"I like boys," I smiled to her. "And girls."

"Hotter," she commented then winked. And I believed she flirted with me. Okay, I thought I was going to die inside. I merely swallowed a lump in my throat as I didn't know what to say. I was a bit nervous, but I kept it cool so she wouldn't notice.

"Okay, um, how old are you, by the way?" I randomly asked.

"I'm twenty-three, and you?"

Her age wasn't that too old for me. Our age gap was merely seven years. I believed it wasn't that bad, or disgusting, as what you may think at the moment.

"Sixteen."

"Wait, what?" she raised an eyebrow, clearly surprised with regards to my age. She didn't like what she heard, I could sense it. "I thought you were 18-ish!"

"Nope," I shook my head.

Fhac was gibbering to herself, saying things only she could fathom. "Damn, damn, damn."

"Well someone has a crush on me," I said teasingly. I was mentally grinning because I was the one who actually had a huge crush on her. And that was how I kept it cool.

"Uh, no," she said instantly like she was in denial.

I purposely made her notice my facial expression. I was only teasing her. But, she got irritated, not in a serious way though.

"Dude, you're like twelve, only four years older, so no. I don't have a crush on you. That is so weird," she said. "It is so weird."

"Whatever," I was a bit disappointed when she didn't tease me back.

She and I both kept quiet for a moment, but then she mentioned something in order to bring life to our strange conversation, "When you're twenty years old, I'll probably date you."

"But you'd be twenty-seven then," I argued jokingly. "You'd be really old."

"It's not that old."

"It is," I insisted.

"Older women are hotter."

"Ew, no. They're not."

"I said, older women, not old ones, you know, the ones like your grandma," argued Fhac. "Just look at Jennifer Anniston, for instance. I'd go down on her. And Angelina Jolie, and Jennifer Garner, they're older than me. They are smoking hot."

"I don't care," I said. "Will you just date me when I turn 17?"

"No."

"Please?"

"No, you are so weird."

"Please?"

"When you're 19, then," she said.