6: Dopamine

It was a Saturday. Gabriela, Hunter and I were gathered in a classroom, just the three of us. We were waiting for our tutees to arrive. They were apparently late. Gabriela acquired two of them. Both of which were primordial dwarves. Hunter got a guy with Klinefelter's syndrome.

I was prepared to come out to two of my friends. In fact, so prepared. I knew what I was going to say. I rehearsed it several times. I wasn't even worried. Hunter already knew so it I knew I was going to be okay with him. I didn't know with regards to Gabriela. But I was certain she was going to be okay with it.

I just needed someone to talk to about Fhac. She was an admirable person. She was worth talking about... in a good way of course. My friends were the right people to share with concerning my huge infatuation with Fhac.

"Guys, I wanna tell you something," I began, breathing heavily.

"Hmmm?" Gabriela nodded, paying the closest attention to me.

"Gabs, you were right," I said

"Aren't I always?" she grinned, obviously she didn't know what I was talking about. While Hunter said nothing, he only nodded once, signalling me that I should say what I wanted to say.

"Alright," I continued. "I am a bisexual!" I finally said it enthusiastically, ending up with a huge smile on my face.

I closely observed their reactions. Both were silent. Gabriela left her mouth open while Hunter smiled. I was a bit anxious about Gabriela's response. She was too silent. I couldn't tell if she was happy with what I just announced.

"I will forever love you, Shaheera," Hunter said. "You will always be my friend."

I smiled at him. "Gabs?" I said, looking at Gabriela.

"Um," she said then swallowed a lump in her throat. "I can't be your friend."

I was speechless.

"My parents are devout Catholics! I am a devout Catholic! My church is gonna ban our family if they found out I had a friend who'd swing girls! I'm sorry, Shaheera," Gabriela shook her head.

And that was it, I cried. I cried in front of them.

"What the fuck, Gabs?" Hunter yelled at her.

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry," said Gabriela, leaning closer to me. She patted my back in concern. "I was kidding."

I instantly looked at her, "Seriously?" tears were still rushing down my face.

"I was kidding," she smiled. "Why would I hate you? I love you. Awe." Gabriela hugged me so tightly. I swear I thought she was serious. She was my best friend and I didn't want her to hate me.

I was still sobbing. She was an insane girl for joking like that.

She extricated and said, "You didn't have a crush on me, did you?"

"No!" I lied "Are you kidding me?"

"Damn!" she said. "It would've been great if a bi girl liked me. That would mean I'm hot."

I told them I was bringing in Fhac. I also told them that she was my inspiration at the moment, as well as the stuff they needed to know regarding Fhac. Gabriela said she couldn't wait to meet her. I was anxious. They might not like her.

Fhac arrived in 27 minutes late. She was wearing her usual pieces of clothing and she was beautiful. I looked at my friend's reaction when they finally saw her. Gabriela lost her excitement. I told her that Fhac was hot as hell. She didn't seem satisfied when she finally met her. Hunter was cool and calm as usual. And I introduced everybody.