Prologue

Disclaimer: I do NOT own warriors. Erin Hunter does.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was several moons after the Dark Forest Battle. A pale gray queen was giving birth in the nursery. Her mate paced outside, worry clear on his face. The gray tabby medicine cat and his apprentice left the den and nodded for the tom to go in. The tom entered the nursery and looked down at his mate and kits. "Dovewing they're beautiful," he purred. He licked Dovewing's ear and Dovewing purred in return.

"Bumblestripe can you name the kits?" Dovewing asked. Bumblestripe nodded his head and looked at the first kit. It was a white she-kit with black tabby stripes.

"How about Icekit?" Bumblestripe asked. Dovewing nodded her head and Bumblestripe looked at the next kit, a white-and-black tom with orange patches. "Larchkit," Bumblestriipe said. Then he looked at his other son, a pale gray tom with darker legs, belly, ears, tailtip, and brown paws and chest. "Molekit for this one," Bumblestripe stated. Last was his other daughter, a small gray totoiseshell she-kit with orange spots on her back and tail. "Spottedkit," Bumblestripe decided.

"Perfect," Dovewing agreed. Bumblestripe curled himself around Dovewing and the new family was asleep in moments.