Chapter 10

Icepet woke up and decided to go get her wounds treated. As she approached the medicine cat den she heard Jayfeather and Dewcloud talking to Bramblestar and Oakstripe. "She will kill us all!" Jayfeather hissed.

"I know her well enough to know she wouldn't harm any of her clan mates. She was my apprentice and I know how much Thunderclan means to her," that was Oakstripe. "Crowfeather told me that before the battle started Nightcloud called Icepelt a living Dark Forest warrior and Icepelt said she was loyal only to Thunderclan and Starclan."

She heard Bramblestar murmur something and then Dewcloud spoke up. "When Icepelt became a warrior Jayfeather and I recieved a vision from Starclan. It was a  cat with a pelt of ice and it showed the cat destroying the other clans, but not Thunderclan. It then showed Icepelt as leader leading the clan and ordering her warriors to kill any cat that was going to end up in the Dark Forest. Then we saw Icepelt as Icestar walking through the Dark Forest after losing her ninth life. A voice spoke a prophecy. 'The pelt of ice shall destroy or save the clans. Her birth was an accident and all are endangered. Prevent the scars of the Dark Forest from being made.' Icepelt has already recieved on set from Nightcloud, a cat headed for the Dark Forest. We must prevent any more from happening," Icepelt walked into the medicine cat den as if she hadn't been listening.

"Did I interupt something?" Icepelt asked innocently. Icepelt thought of the battle so that way Jayfeather wouldn't know she had overheard their conversation.

Bramblestar and Oakstripe left the den and Jayfeather shook his head. "Dewcloud fetch some marigold and cobwebs so we may treat Icepelt's wounds." Dewcloud ran to the herb store and came back with what Jayfeather had requested. Jayfeather made a poultice and put it on Icepelt's cheek and flank. Then he wrapped it in cobwebs and shooed Icepelt out of his den.

"Good you're awake," Darkheart ran over to Icepelt and twine their tails together. "Want to share a rabbit?" he asked.

Icepelt purred and licked his cheek. "Sound good," the two went to the fresh kill pile and Darkheart grabbed a rabbit that he had hidden at the bottom of the pile. Darkheart and Icepelt sat near the elder's den to share the rabbit. Icepelt took a bite and then Darkheart took a bite. "It's almost dusk. I didn't realise I slept that long."

"You didn't sleep after your vigil and you fought Windclan today. I would imagine you would be tired," Darkheart purred in amusement. When they finished the rabbit Darkheart and Icepelt watched the stars for a long while. "Want to go on a walk?" Darkheart asked. Icepelt nodded and they walked into the forest. Darkheart led Icepelt to the lake and they sat together watching the water. "Icepelt," Darkheart looked at the cat he loved most. "daughter of Dovewing and Bumblestripe. Would you be my mate even after we join Starclan?"

Icepelt purred and licked Darkheart's cheek. "Yes my love," she whispered.

Darkheart yawned and moved towards the trees. "Let's make a nest out here. It's too far to walk back to camp. Icepelt nodded and followed him to the base of a tree. Dakrheart and Icepelt clawed together a nest and they laid down in the nest and fell asleep with the stars shining bright overhead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where's my kit?" Icepelt heard Dovewing demand. Icepelt and Darkheart were walking back to camp and Dovewing breathed a sigh of relief when she saw Icepelt safe. Bumblestripe ran over to his daughter and gave Darkheart a death glare. "Where were you last night?" Dovewing asked worried.

Icepelt snorted in amusement. "Darkheart took me on a walk and we fell asleep near the lake," she explained. "There was nothing to worry about," she assured her parents.

"Did Darkheart hurt you?" Bumblestripe growled standing over the unlucky tom.

Icepelt stood between her father and her mate. "It's fine Bumblestripe. Me and Darkheart are mates now."