6: Walk

Chapter Six: Walk

There is a garden near my house. Some of the older women of the pack keep up with it. It's grown so much since they started it when I was just a little kid. There are so many beautiful flowers of all colors and many foods - potatoes, carrots, corn, tomatoes. I estimate that our garden is four thousand square feet - huge. So big, that they created walking paths through the garden. I'm glad they did. It's easier to enjoy it now, and it always smells so nice. This is where I take Alpha Levi.

I feel like he would travel much quicker on his own. But with me here, his long legs move slower and try to stay in step with mine. I keep my eyes down and look at the dirt path and the flowers we pass.

"You have such a beautiful home," he tells me.

I nod without making eye contact, but he stares right at me. I wonder how I look to him.

"Won't you talk to me?" He asks.

I stop walking and bite my lip as I look at my feet. He stops too, a couple steps ahead, and waits for an explanation.

"Diana?"

"I don't really understand my role here," I say, finally looking up at him.

"Your role?" He walks back and stands next to me, towering over my small figure.

"Yes." I try to sound strong. "I mean, what are we doing here? Why are you trying to talk to me? We're supposed to get married anyway. What are you trying to do?"

He blinks twice, shocked at my words. "It is my intention to make you fall in love with me, so we can be married in love."

I scoff. "You know I have a boyfriend."

"That pup from earlier? Not worried about him," he says confidently.

"And why not? He's pretty tough."

"He is no match for me, hardly anyone is."

"Well, I love him."

He clenches his jaw. "I understand, but you'll love me too."

I cross my arms. "I don't think I will."

He crossed his arms too, unintentionally flexing his muscles. "I don't think you have a choice."

I narrow my eyes as I glare at him. He takes a step closer to me and glares back, giving me the overwhelming urge to cower in fear. To avoid doing that involuntarily, I turn away from him all at once and begin walking back home.

He follows me quickly, and I don't get very far. He grabs my arm and jerks me to a stop. "You listen to me," he seethes. I try to push his hand away, but he only tightens his grip and pulls me close to him. "I made a deal with your father, and I will collect what I'm owed. But this whole thing can be easy or hard. You be a good girl and do what you're told, and I'll give you a good life with anything you could ask for. But if you disrespect me, or I catch you disobeying orders, there will be consequences. I can make sure you never see that worthless pup again."

By the time he's done I'm sure he's left a bruise on my arm and I'm almost in tears.

•••••

We both return to the house after that. I am a few steps ahead of him, and I have to power walk to keep it that way. I yank the side door open and stomp inside my house. Levi enters right after me, just as angry. We're greeted by many wide, concerned eyes. Jared and Kim are there, as well as Embry, Brady, and Cody. I thought he left?

"Kim, come up to my room," I say.

"I don't think that's a good idea," Levi says.

I shoot Kim a pleading look that says 'you're my best friend so you better listen to me and not him or I will hurt you'. She looks shocked for a second before she gets up. Cody stands too.

"Babe, is something wrong?" He asks, concerned.

"No, I just need to talk to Kim," I say without looking at him.

"What happened?" He asks, shooting a glare toward Levi.

"Nothing," I repeat as I walk toward the stairs.

"Diana!" Levi shouts warningly. Kim hesitantly follows me.

Cody sighs and takes his place back at the table. Levi asks where my father is. When I hear someone replies that he's in his office, I start running, taking the stairs two at a time. Levi stomps up them too, gaining on us. I don't want any confrontation with him at all, so I keep going. When we reach the third floor I am panting. Kim is right on my heel, breathing at a perfectly normal pace. Being a full breed werewolf, she easily kept up with me.

I listen to Levi walking down the hall below us, and I almost want to stop and put my ear to the floor so I can listen to his conversation with my father. But Kim starts talking as she walks toward my bedroom and I follow her instead.

"So could you fill me in? You went on a walk with the hot alpha? Was it like a date? Do you know him?"

She jumps on my bed and lays on the pillows casually.

"No," I spit. "It was not a date."

She holds up her hands in mock surrender. "Alright, geez, I'm just saying he is hot. I know you're with Cody but still you've gotta at least appreciate it. Hell, I'm mated and I appreciate it!"

"Kim, he's a jerk."

She looks at me like I've killed her puppy.

I just nod. "Yeah, that's right. I talked to him and he's totally conceited and annoying and - just - UGH!" I collapse on the bed and squeeze my eyes shut.

She sits up. "So you don't like him?" she asks, but it's more of a conclusion.

I shake my head. "I hate him."

She shrugs. "Well, whatever. Just avoid him until he leaves. Not like he's moving in."

My eyes widen as I realize my mistake. I'm supposed to love this man, and I just blew it.

"D?" She says when she notices my expression.

Before I can speak, the harsh knocking on my door makes us both gasp.

"Diana," Marcus calls. He tries the knob, finding it's locked. "Open the door." He knocks until I reach the door and open it. "The Alpha wants you in his office. Now. And you-" he nods at Kim who's still on my amazing bed - "Time for you to go home. Jarred is waiting for you downstairs." He leaves no room for discussion. Kim hugs me on her way out.

"What does my father want?" I ask.

"Not sure, but you're in some deep shit." My eyes widen.

"Why?"

Marcus isn't worried for me at all as he leads me to the office. He shrugs. "I don't know, did you piss off the alpha?"

I gasp and stop in my tracks.

Yes. Yes I did.

A/N:
I'm so sorry for the long waits between updates guys. But this story's gonna speed up soon. I swear I have a plan. Lol thank you for all the support. give this chapter some love please :)