1 : Mornings

5:00 am

The bigul rings and loud army alarm rings all over the cantonment.

Kalyan AKA the fauji dad is awake and ready to go for his morning p.t (physical training) with his comrades. He kisses his beautiful wife who is happily smiling in her dreamland and leaves for the day. Before leaving he goes to his son's rooms and kisses their foreheads too. Then clicks his tongue at his family's laziness. He tried waking them up early and pushed them to exercise but they were least bothered about things like fitness and discipline. He had to give up as the situation was 3 vs 1, thanks to his wife on their kid's side.

Another alarm rings at 6, but this was not the loud and ear hammering military alarm but a soft one ringing from madhavi's phone. She wakes up and goes to freshen up. She then goes to the kitchen to prepare breakfast and lunch. It is difficult to juggle both housework and be a working woman but she does it with ease. While she was indulged in cooking, it is almost 7 now and the time for her husband to return from his morning PT. So she goes to her son's rooms to wake them up for school.

In the room, both of them were sleeping peacefully without a care in the world. She wonders whose DNA they have inherited that they sleep like kumbhkharan's.

She gently nudges them to wake them up.

Madhavi - ishuuu.. anshh.. utho!

"Mamma sone do yaar" ansh says while covering himself further deep into the blanket.

"Papa aajayenge beta! Tab tho tumhara kheema bana denge!" Madhavi says while lightly spanking ansh's butt.

"Aahhhhh! Ye papa ko is duniya ke saare professions me se sirf yehi choose karna tha?? Aur kiya tho? Hame bhi kyu unke tarah disciplined rehne ko force kar rahe he!!!!" Ansh says in a very irritated voice.

Although he is very proud of his father's profession, it has a lot of downsides!

"Kya dikkat he aapko mere profession se?" Kalyan who was back from his walk asked while leaning on the door folding his arms and raising his eyebrows.

Ishaan and ansh jerked up and sat on the bed in a second making madhavi laugh.

"Good morning papa" ishaan and ansh greeted in unison.

"Uth ke ready ho rahe ho? Ya meri motivation chahiye?" Kalyan asks while raising his hand threatening them.

"Koi zarurat nahi papa! We are always motivated! The great colonel kalyan mishra ke bache to he!" Ishaan said trying his best to imitate what he calls a "macho man" voice and accent.

"Zubaan kam aur haath pair zyada chalao! Fuddu kahike dono ke dono. I want you both at the table within 20 minutes. For every minute late, you will run 2 laps around the house!" Kalyan announces and leaves the room. The kids immediately run towards the washroom and start fighting on who gets to use it first. Madhavi goes towards then and whacks their heads making them yelp in pain.

"Ghar me aur bhi washrooms he! Sach me aapke papa theek kehte he! Fuddu ho dono ke dono!" Madhavi says to the kids with an irritated look on her face. The kids make the faces of getting a realization and run towards another washroom in their house. But both of them run leaving this washroom unused by both of them. Madhavi palms her face and goes into the kitchen.

"Rukhiye aapke coffee le aati hu" madhavi says while giving the newspaper to her husband.

"There's no need for that! I've made the coffee already for BOTH of us. So sit and relax while i bring the cups" kalyan says with a loving smile on his face. Madhavi smiles back at him while looking at him with doe eyes filled with love.

Exactly 20 minutes later the kids come running to the dining table. Ishaan's tie was still untied, he just hanged it around his neck snd ansh's hair was dipping with water. Madhavi whacks ansh with a spoon and ansh yells while glaring at his mother.

"Aankhe neeche karo ansh!" Kalyan uses a firm tone and ansh immediately lowers his gaze but can't help murmering.

"Mumma ne bin wajah maara he papa" ansh managed to mutter out what he wanted to say.

"Bin wajah nahi maara hai! Dekho kaisa geela kar diya floor ko! Abhi pocha lagaya he mene! Towel nahi baand sakte kya" madhavi snaps at ansh making ansh gulp while observing his father's facial expressions.

"Chalo mammaa sorry na... please gussa mat ho... mere pyari sii mumaaa" ansh speaks in a cute tone while rubbing his cheeks over madhavi's shoulder in order to manofy her. Madhavi immediately melts and gets a towel to dry ansh's hair.

"Ishaan, andar chalo! Tie baand ke aao! Ye kya karliye ho? Aap shiv ji nahi ho aur wo tie saanp bhi nahi! Jake proper se karke aao" kalyan orders ishaan but ishaan just makes a face at him.

"Nahi aati hai papa mujhe tie baandna! Daily mumma hi baand thi he! Aaj Aap please baand do na..." ishaan pleads kalyan as madhavi was busy drying his idiot brother's hair.

"Aaje mumma nahi tho mei! Aur me bhi nahi hu tho? You are not a kid ishaan! You should know how to tie a tie by now! Come inside i'll teach you." Kalyan commands and leaves into his room. Ishaan follows him while stomping.

Kalyan makes him stand infront of the mirror and he himself stands next to him with another tie un his hands. "Follow what i do" is what kalyan said ehile he tied the tie step by step slowly and ishaan followed.

"That's it! It's not rocket science ishu!" Kalyan says while tightening ishaan's tie and kissing his forehead.

The family gathers for breakfast. The kids scrunch their noses at the plain and boring milk but the gesture from madhavi which pointed towards their father was enough motivation for them to drink. Atleast for ishaan! Ansh played his fox brain and successfully threw the milk in the sink without anybody knowing.

"Bhaiyaaa let's go! PT sir rounds karayenge if we are late!!" Ansh yells on top of his lungs.

"And mind you! If PT sir makes you do rounds at school and you'll be doing rounds at home too" kalyan commanded in his stern voice and ishaan stopped whatever he was doing and ran out of the door. But in this commotion he forgot to pack his homework book in his bag which he has to submit today.

Madhavi and the kids leave for school and kalyan goes to his base. An eventful morning ended for the mishra family while an eventful evening was waiting for them.

Hey guyss! Here's the first chapter ❤️

I really hope you guys liked it! Please vote and comment it reallly gives me strength!!

How was kalyan? Who is your favourite character??

Pleasee drop suggestions and feedback on the story so that i can improve and get motivated to write further. Although i won't set any targets, if the response is low i will not continue the story 🥲 because i'm really trying to squeeze in whatever free time i get and i don't want it to go into vain 😭