21 : Getting closer

The next morning kalyan woke up early as usual, to his surprise even noor was wide awake. When he opened his eyes, she was playing with madhavi's saree trying to make a flower with her pallu while madhavi was in deep slumber. He got up and patted her head, she turned towards him.

"Kya hua beta, neend nahi aarahi?" Kalyan asks trying to make a gentle voice but his morning voice was far from gentle, it was even more scarier than his usual voice.

"Haa... patha nahi kyu.." noor replies slowly.

"It's ok, kabhi kabhi ho jatha hai aisa. And apko ye ghar thoda naya he na, isliye shayad or were you thinking about something?"

"Mmm pata nahi..." noor replies confused. She doesn't know the reason behind. (I mean kalyan who will think about a reason about why they couldn't sleep well 💀) .

"Aap roj itne jaldi ut jathe hai?" Noor asks kalyan while looking at the clock and it was only 4:30 am.

"Haa, aadat ho gayi he! Me 16 yrs ki umar se almost isi time pe utt raha hu." Kalyan says to her while noor opens her mouth in shock. Noor was not a morning person and it was not her choice. Her chachi didn't use to give her breakfast on most of the days and noor used to just sleep till afternoon so that she wouldn't be hungry during breakfast time. In that way, she slowly began to sleep later at night and wake up late.

"Tum bhi chalogi mere saath? Neend nahi aarahi na ghar me akele bore hojaogi! Aur iss ghar me sab log lazy hai 6 am ke pehle utne ki naam hi nahi lethe!" Kalyan says out dramatically as if it's a big sin 🙄.  ( I mean 6 am bhi bohot early hena guys 🥲)

"Theek hai!" Noor says excited. She wanted to get closer to him as he resembled her father a loott! But kalyan maintained his distance not wanting to make the kid uncomfortable.

"Ok chalo!" Kalyan says and noor jumps off the bed in excitement.

"Aram se!" Kalyan instinctively scolds but noor gets cautious at this. He sighs and bends down to her knee level.

"Beta, agar aisa khoodoge tho gir jaoge aur chot lag jayegi.. isliye aise khoodthe nahi hai, theek hai?" He says trying to make a sweet voice. Noor's face lights up and she nods rapidly.

They both go for PT and kalyan starts jogging. Noor was running with him. She was tired quickly due to her short legs 🥲. While kalyan was still going at his usual pace.

"Already thak gaye?? This is just the beginning! Come on keep up!" Kalyan cheers noor like he is training a cadet 🫡.

Noor tries her best to catch up with him and they reach the PT ground. There were other soldiers who live in the cantonment. PT is done together and kalyan just instructed noor to follow the instructions. She didn't understand the instructions even a little bit but she tried her best to copy what kalyan was doing. After an hour of sweating, after her trying her best to copy kalyan's moves and replicating them in a very sloppy way the session ended. She plopped on the ground tired. Kalyan laughed at her. This reminded him so much of when ishaan and ansh when they were younger. He took them when they woke up early but they refused to come after coming once.

"Thak gayi?" Kalyan asks while laughing.

"Ofcourse!! Ye bhi koi sawaal hothi hai!" Noor snaps at him and kalyan was shocked. He thought that she was not just a silent kid.

"Ok baba chalo, ghar chalte hai aur mast nashtha karenge!" Kalyan says chirpily.

"Nahii me orr nahi chal sakthi!" Noor says while wiggling like a worm on the ground.