3 : Attitude

It was a friday night and kalyan, madhavi and ansh were in the drawing room watching cricket on the tv. Ansh kept his head on his mom's lap while she was caressing his hair and kalyan took ansh's feet and started massaging him. He punished ansh earlier to run laps around the house because he was running down the stairs dangerously and now he is pressing his feet to ooze out the pain. Although ansh was not really in pain, he enjoys it when his parents pamper him.

Ansh - papa ji

Kalyan - haa beta ji

"Mujhe cricketer ban na hai" ansh announces while getting up from his mom's lap.

"Aapko achanak se ye passion kaise badal jate hai?" Madhavi asks while chuckling.

"Mamma ye mazak ki cheez nahi hai!! Papa! Boliye inko"

"Aree kal hi tho apko air force me jaana tha, parso ko tho pilot banna tha " madhavi was about to start a monologue but ansh stopped her by placing his hands over her mouth.

"Papaaaa dekho na yaar muma kitni discouraging he!" Ansh whines and snuggles into his father's chest.

"Apko jo ban na he wo bano meri jaan! Apko patha hai na aapki papa hamesha aapko support karega? In any decision you make!" Kalyan says while cupping ansh's face.

"Waise papa ye drug dealing me bade paise chaapte he log! owwwwwwww!!!" Ansh wailed as kalyan twisted ansh's ear so bad at the words of drug dealing.

"Sudharna mat!" Madhavi says while she goes into the kitchen to arrange dinner.

"Bole the na har decision me support karoge mujhe! Aise jhoote hothe he kya aapki fauj ke log?" Ansh ran off while yelling this as he knows if he stays any longer he will be in for a whipping. Kalyan just laughs at ansh.

After a while, madhavi calls everyone for dinner but ishaan is busy in his room playing a video game. He was too immersed in the game to stop it now and decided to ignore the yells of his mother calling him for dinner.

"ISHANNN! kitne baar bulana padega!" Madhavi is still yelling at him from downstairs.

"Kaha reh gaya ye ladka?" Kalyan asks in a cold tone.

"Bhaiya upar he papa. COD khel raha tha." Ansh says not realizing he tattled on his brother.

"Huff! Ye ladka ek baar khelna shuru karta haina, tho baki sab bhool jatha hai! Me jake bulakar lati hu" Madhavi says while sighing and climbing the stairs.

"Ruko! Koi zarurat nahi he wo hi neeche ayega! Tum bhi baitho aur khana shuru karo" Kalyan says while starting his meal.

"ISHAAN! TUM NEECHE AA RAHE HO, YA ME UPAR AAO?" kalyan yells making madhavi and ansh flinch due to his pissed off tone and loud voice.

"Aa raha hu papa..." ishaan mutters from the room. he can ignore his mother calling him but he doesn't have the courage to ignore his father. Nevertheless, he is still irritated but turns off the game thinking that his life was much more valuable than the game. He stomps on the stairs while getting down making a loud noise at each step he descends, clearly depicting how irritated and angry he was.

Ansh was looking at his brother with pity looks. His brother is unable to use his brain when he is irritated or angry, which exactly is going to land him in trouble now. Ishaan was about to come to the table and sit but kalyan's voice stopped him.

"Phirse aao" kalyan commands in a monotone voice without any emotions.

"Heh?" Ishaan looks at him confused.

"Sunayi nahi de raha? Go up and come down again!"

"Papa..." ishaan looks at kalyan still confused but doesn't budge from his place.

"I won't repeat my words again ishaan! And you won't like the consequences of me repeating those words!" Kalyan says in a stern voice which sends shivers down ishaan's spine. He doesn't want to face his father's wrath so he climbs up and comes down again.

"Again" kalyan says again casually while eating. Ishaan looks at him in disbelief but repeats the same thing again.

"Again" this was the third time and ishaan is no longer willing to do it again.

"Papaa i'm sorry..." he gives kalyan pleading looks but kalyan isn't the person to budge.

"You should be ishaan! And you will be when i'm done with you. Repeat the same till i'm done with my dinner. Aaj teri saari attitude uthaar dunga!" Kalyan says locking his eyes with ishaan giving him a deathly glare.

Ishaan climbs up and down the stairs two more times. Now he tired and his legs hurt. This time instead of going up, he just stands near the stairs with tears running in his ears.

"Papa mere pair bohot dard ho rahe he" he says while sniffing. Madhavi feels bad for him and asks him to come and sit down but kalyan firmly denies her.

"i don't care ishaan! Chahe tumhara pair toot jaye, you are not stopping! Now continue before i come near you!" Ishaan drags his feet upstairs while crying  and after like 10 times of climbing up and down, kalyan finally finishes his meal and asks ishaan to go and have dinner.

Ishaan cries in madhavi's arms while she fed him the food by her hands. Ansh clicks his tongue while shaking his head, taunting and teasing ishaan all the time. After dinner the kids go to their room. Meanwhile madhavi enters into her room with a plate of food in her hands. She gives it to kalyan who was busy reading the news paper.

"Ye kyu laye ho?" Kalyan asks suprised at his wife and the plate.

"Kha lijiye" she says while shoving the plate in his hands.

"Mad-" kalyan stops midway when she shows his her palm urging him to stop talking.

"Aadha roti khayi he aapne! Ab kha lijiye! Bache ko punish karne me itna dard hotha hai tho mat keejiye! Aisa usko bachane ke liye khana chod kar aana kya hai?" Madhavi scolds in her strict teacher voice.

"Maine kisiko nahi bachaya, bhook nahi tha zyada!" Kalyan says while trying not to meet his wife's eyes.

"You're a bad liar kalyan! Ab khalo! Roj chaar roti khate ho.. aaj aadha khaya tho kal PT me behosh ho jaoge!" Madhavi says while rolling her eyes.

"Behosh?? Hahaha tumhe patha bhi hai jab me NDA (national defense academy) me cadet tha, khana kitni mushkil se..." kalyan was about to reminisce his history of nda days.

"Haa haaa patha hai patha hai!! Hazaar baar bol chuke ho mujhe! Please aap khake so jayiye!" Madhavi joins her hands pleading him to not start his stories.

Kalyan laughs at her and finishes his meal. After his meal, he goes into his sons room with an oil bottle in his hands. After confirming that they were asleep, he massages their feet with the oil feeling bad that he had to punish them. Then kisses their heads, tucks their bedsheets properly and gets up.

"Good night papa" a voice calls out to him just when he was about to leave the room. It was ishaan's groggy sleepy voice. He was awake the moment he felt something pressing on his legs.

"Good night ishu bacha. I love you meri jaan" kalyan smiles back at ishaan and leaves the room.

"Love you too papa" ishaan replies groggily and goes back to sleep.

How was the update guys?

Was the punishment harsh and what do you think of kalyan?

Please vote and comment as it gives me strength 🥹