Chapter 6

Omashu was a magnificent city. I remember coming here before the war. We had a friend here, Bomi. 

As I rode on Maya's back, I pulled out my canteen. I poured some water into a bowl and tried to make it move. Since Katara didn't know much herself, she didn't teach us anything. I was trying on my own. As predicted, nothing happened. 

"We're here!" Aang yelled, and I looked up in surprise. As we landed, Aang said, "The earth bending city of Omashu! We used to come here all the time to visit our friend Bomi!" 

"Wow!" Katara said. Even from a distance, it was amazing. "We don't have cities like this in the north pole!" 

"They have buildings here that don't melt!" Sokka exclaimed, to which I laughed at. 

"Well let's go slow pokes!" Aang said, as excited as ever. "The real fun is inside the city!" And he jumped a bit down the hill we stood on. 

"Wait Aang!" Katara yelled after him. He stopped sliding. "It could be dangerous if people find out you're the Avatar!" 

"You need a disguise." Sokka said, clearly enjoying the idea. "Both of you." He looked at me, and I frown. 

"So, what am I supposed to do?" Aang asked. "Grow a mustache?" 

I laughed again, and said, "Yeah, and I'll dress up as a pet monkey-dog!" 

* * *

Unfortunately, I didn't get to dress up as a monkey-dog.

With Aang covered in Appa's fur, I wore some spare clothes of Katara's. Aang was to small to fit into Sokka's clothes, so we used Appa's fur to make him look like an old guy. 

"This is son itchy!" Aang complained, scratching his head beneath where the fur was tied. He looked at Appa. "How do you live in this stuff?" 

Appa blew out his nose at Aang, as if pouting. 

"Great!" Sokka said. "No you look just like my grandfather."

"Technically, Aang is a hundred and twelve years old." Katara added, looked at Sokka. She glanced at me and said, "You too Kila!" 

"That is so weird to think about." I said. "What is I lived another hundred years? I'm already one of the oldest people ever." 

Aang used his staff as a cane. I decided to use mine as a walking stick. "The big city awaits!" He yelled in an old person voice. 

"You guys are going to love Omashu!" Aang said. "The people here are the friendliest in the world!" 

Up ahead, the guards were yelling at some poor person trying to sell cabbages. As they earth bent it off the path we stood on and into the darkness below, the man yelled, "No, my cabbages!" 

"Just keep smiling!" Aang said, clearly aware that they were no longer as nice as he remembered. 

As we got closer, one of the soldiers made a rock float threateningly above Aang's head. "State your business!" He demanded. 

Aang, being to kid he was, ran up into the man face and yelled in his old person voice, "My business is my business, young man, and none of yours!" The rock dropped to the ground behind him. "I've got half a mind to bend you over my knee and-" 

"Settle down old timer!" The man said, clearly frightened by the way Aang yelled at him. "Just tell me who you are."

"Name's Bonzu Pipenpapleopzicpolise the third!" He said, please with the name. "And these are my grand kids!" 

"Hi!" Katara said, walking up beside him. I did the same. "June Pipenpapleopzicpolise. Nice to meet you." 

"You! The soldier said, pointing at Katara. "You seem like a responsible young lady! See that your grandfather stays out of trouble! Enjoy Omashu!"