The First Death Of Kila

6 year old Kila sat on the ledge of the air temple, up high. School had been out for less then an hour, and she was waiting for her new friend. 

She was unaware of the monk sneaking up behind her. Before she could react, he grabbed her staff and pushed her. Kila shrieked in terror but couldn't do anything to stop her falling to her death.

She was a talented airbender, but she was not skilled enough to slow down her fall. She hit the ground hard, blacking out instantly. 

No one noticed or cared what happened. Her twin Aang was playing airball with his friends. And was too far away to hear. 

"Where is she?" Milah said sadly, up where Kila had been waiting. 

"I told you." Brinet said, sneering. "She is a curse. She's a no good liar and you were wasting your time being her friend."

Milah sadly looked down and around. Not even Kila's staff was there. Kila had said that if she couldn't make it, she would at least leave her staff as a sign for Milah. 

Milah turned angry at Kila. Brinet was right! Kila was just a mistake, and that's all she'll ever be! She told herself. "Fine." She said. Then she turned to Brinet. "Let's go play airball with Aang!" She said. They excitedly ran off. 

The monk that had pushed Kila laughed as he saw what the two girls said. Kila was gone. "I'll tell the rest of them the bad news." He muttered to himself, and hurried off. 

Kila was dead, and she knew it. But she couldn't be. "Milah is waiting for me!" She told herself. "I have to get back up there!" 

Slowly she got up. She heard voices and hid in the tree above her. 

"Over here! She's finally dead!" She herd someone say. 

"Where is she?" Another said. 

"She was here, I swear!" Answered the first voice. 

"That demon child! We should have killed her when she was born!" Said the second monk. 

"We did try, if you'll remember." The first answered. 

The two continued to argue as they left the area. Quickly, Kila ran up to her room. "I was here the whole time." Kila muttered to herself. She sat down on her bed and closed her eyes, feeling the breeze that came in through the open window.

Seconds later, the two monks burst into her room. "Why are you here?" They asked harshly. "People saw you, you were dead!" 

Kila looked at them, pretending to be confused. "I came to my room right after school." she said. "I never left. You must have saw an illusion. Maybe the spirits are playing tricks on you again?" she asked, giggling. The two left, furious. 

Had she really been dead? No it wasn't possible. She was alive now, right? Kila looked sadly out the window. 

"Today I was murdered and lost my only friend apart from Maya." she muttered. "That's a new record. It's going on the calendar." She grabbed a pen and wrote it on the calendar on her wall, wondering what Aang heard.

She left the room and walked to the airball field, where Aang was. He wasn't playing. "Kila!" He said when he saw her. "Kila, you were dead! I saw you! What happened?" 

I pretended to look confused. "I was in my room the whole time!" I said. I just remembered I promised Milah I would meet her up there-" She pointed. "-So I went over there, then came over here to see if she was here." I said. 

Aang knew that wasn't the truth, but he understood she didn't want to say in front of everyone. He smiled and nodded. 

That night Kila cried herself to sleep, knowing that the rummers were starting and there was nothing she could do to stop them. 

A/N

Ok so I thought I'd do some stuff like this, where I tell about Kila's past. This is the first time she died, except from when she was born.