Chapter 14

Sorry guys! My internet cut out yesterday. Good news: I'm back. Bad news: I no longer have internet on Sundays. 

"Come on Kuzon, I can still fly." I said, holding up my glider. 

"You've been flying us for hours, we're hardly halfway there." Kuzon argued. "You're tired and hungry. Rest for now and I'll see what we can eat." 

As luck would have it, we landed in a strawberry field. After about a half hour, Kuzon climbed on the back of my glider and I took off. 

It was difficult to fly more then one person, but I had got the hang of it. 

"I have no clue where we are." I said as we flew over yet another fire nation town. "I thought I could find the island again, but no, we're lost." 

"Maybe we should have stayed with Zuko." Kuzon suggested. "He would have found Aang again sooner then later." 

"Yeah, but I need to talk to him now." I huffed. "It's nearly sun down!" 

"Maybe we should get a map?" Kuzon sighed. Then his eyes widened. "Um, Kila, we should turn around." 

"Why?" I asked. 

"I know where we are." He bit his lip. "We're near the palace." 

~ ~ ~

"How could we get this far without someone noticing?" I ranted. "Without us noticing? We passed the island hours ago!" 

"We missed meeting with Aang." Kuzon sighed. We were on a mountain overlooking the grand capital. The sun was setting. 

"Well, we should continue to the North pole." I said, a little light headed. "We'll meet Aang there and-"

"No." Kuzon said firmly. "Not yet. We stay for a bit." 

"How could you suggest that?" I demanded. "We're in the heart of the fire nation!"

"You've been flying all day and all last night." Kuzon argued. "You need rest. We don't have Maya to fly us, and it takes a lot out of you." 

"But we can't stay here. My clothes are clearly air nation and yours are a bit- ok, a lot out dated, no one wears anything from other nations anymore." 

"I know my way around the palace." Kuzon grinned. 

"No." I told him flatly. "No no no. Don't even think about it." 

"Too late." He glanced at the palace. "Everyone will be asleep soon."

"You want to steel clothes from the palace? Do you realize if we were caught they would kill us?" 

"That's why we have you." He said simply. "Besides, I was planning to steel food as well."

~ ~ ~

"It's not really steeling." Kuzon whispered as we climbed through a window. "I'm a prince here." 

"Not anymore, your majesty." I teased. "Alright, let's get new clothes first." 

"They always have extras that never get used in the laundry room." Kuzon said, leading the way. 

Sneaking around with him was easy. He knew the place like the back of his hand, and because of my air bending training, I could pull us out of the way whenever someone was coming, no matter which way they came from, in seconds. 

We soon found what we came for and slipped into abandon rooms to change. Next we snuck up to the kitchens and ate all we could, taking some with us. 

Back at our cave, Kuzon made me sleep, saying we didn't need a lookout. I was so tired I didn't argue. 

~ ~ ~

The next morning, we hid our old clothes in the cave and I reluctantly left my glider. We walked around town, and everyone seemed to be very lively. We gambled a bit (I was always good at Pai Sho) and got a decent bit of money. No one was able to beat me. 

"I played it a lot at the air temple." I said as we left. "I also played all around the world, and each culture has it's own way of thinking about the game." 

Back at the cave, Kuzon said, "I want to start learning water bending." 

I paused. "So do I." I admitted. "The other elements too." 

"I can help teach you fire bending if you teach me water bending." Kuzon urged. 

"I don't know water bending. We can try to learn something together, on our own." I suggested. He nodded. 

We found a pond nearby and began to try and bend. After a while, we learned how to freeze and unfreeze water, along with basic stances I had seen a hundred years ago. 

Then Kuzon began to teach me basic fire bending stances. "I'm going to master the elements before Aang!" I joked. 

"Want to work on earth bending?" Kuzon asked. 

"No, I don't have anyone to practice with." I said sadly. "Besides, I suck at it. I could hardly lift a small rock." 

"You'll get it." He smiled. 

And then, he leaned over and kissed me. 

A/N

Sorry it's so short! And as I said at the beginning of this chapter, I no longer have access to the internet on Sundays. 

So, what do you think? 

I wanted them to disconnect from the group for a while. They'll probably meet up before the North pole, but they're going to have their own adventures first. 

I'll have more up this week, so forgive me for the short chapter.