Chapter 11

Sarah POV
It's been an ok afternoon. we pack up and head home. "I'm going to call Janet!" Anna says

"Yes, I'll call Mary." it rings

"Hello,"

"Hi Mary, me and Anna and Janet, I think we are going to Halo tonight wanna come it's a free night," I say

"Ok, I need to talk to you anyway," Mary says

"Ok, everything alright?"

"I think so," Mary says

"Come over when you're ready,"

"Ok, see you soon,"

"Bye Mary"

"Bye, Sarah." I put the phone down, hoping everything was ok.

"Sarah."

"Yes."

"Janet is coming, you ok?"

"I just been talking to Mary she said she has something to tell me she sounds off. she is coming when she is ready, I'll be ok when I find out what she has to tell me. "

"I'm sure it's nothing," Anna says. I go into my room to get ready and wish that Mary would get here. i pick out a white jumpsuit and white underwear with pink heels. going to the bathroom, I take a shower and wash my hair, walking back to the bedroom. I do my hair and make up and get dressed. In the front room, Anna is there and dressed as well in a pink dress with black heels.

"You look good," Anna says

"Thanks, so do you,"

"I was thinking of asking Alan to come."

"Good idea."

"Do you want a drink?"
"Please, I'll just have a coke." Anna says I go to the kitchen to get the drinks, and the doorbell goes.
"I'll get it," I say, opening the door. I see Mary and Janet.

"Hi girls, come in. Do you want a drink?"

"Yes, can I have a coke, please?" Mary says

"Me to please," Janet says

"Yes, of course, go on through make yourself at home." With the drinks in hand, I make my way back into the front room
"So Mary, what's going on?" Mary smiles and takes a sip of her drink

"You know Steve, the security at halo," we all nod "well he asked me to be his date this evening." she blushes

"Oh, thank god." I laugh they all look at me
"I thought somebody had upset you. I was going into Mama mode, ready to kick somebody arse" they all laugh.

"So Steve," Anna says

"Yes, I was surprised when he turned up at the shop and asked me at first. I thought it was a joke, so I said no, but he said he wasn't leaving till I said yes."

"Mary, you are a stunning woman. Hell, if I was a man, I'd date you," Janet says we all burst out laughing."How are things with you and Darren?" Janet asks.

"Well we had our first fight this morning, we had sex last night yep he popped my cheery, then this morning was wonderful he asked me to stay with him all day I told him I had plans with Anna and he didn't like it so he stormed off to the bathroom for a shower. I cleaned up and came home while he was still in the shower. I got here and had a shower, and we were packing our picnic, and he came.

"And" Janet says

"I told him that he needs to grow the fuck up and I'm not the sort of girl to take his shit."

"Oh my" Mary says

"You should dump him" Anna says I sigh

"You go girl" Janet says

"I think that it's best to be honest from the start before feelings start to get in the way. I won't lie I like him a lot and I hope it works out".

"I'm sure it will run its course" Anna says while the others look at me. We sit there talking for a while then I phone a taxi I'm trying my best to ignore Anna's comments about Darren.
"It will be here in ten minutes." I go to my room to get my phone and make sure I have everything I sit on the bed. I must have been a while cause Anna comes in.

"You alright?"

"Yes."

"Don't lie to me, Sarah," Anna says

"I'm ok. I'm just a little unhappy with how you always put Darren down. For the first time, I'm trying to give a relationship a go, and you're a total downer about it.

"It's the way I feel," Anna snaps

"The taxi is here," Mary calls

"Look, if you're really my friend, just leave it." I walk past her and make my way out, grabbing my bag. I make my way out, locking the door I get into the taxi.

"You girls going to Halo?" the driver says

"Yes, we are," we reply all through the drive. I look out the window and watch the scenery go by. we arrive at Halo, and Steve is working security he signals us over.

"Hello ladies,"

"Steve," we reply

"Hi Mary,"

"Hello Steve,"

"Come on in." We make our way inside, and I pull Steve to the side

"I love Mary like a sister. Don't play her!"

"I'm not Sarah. I really like her ok, that's why I asked her out."

"Good, just a friendly warning." I smile.

"Duly noted" he smiles at me I smile back, he walks over to Mary and kisses her on the cheek and she blushes, all of a sudden I feel uneasy I try to brush it away and make my way back to the girls, I put a smile on my face

"So, who is ready to get this party started?" Anna shouts

"We are," the girls shout we head to the bar and order Bloody Mary, and Steve orders a beer.

"The drinks are on the house tonight!" Steve tells the barman he walks away. I haven't seen Darren yet, and I don't ask where he is. I'm here with my girls. We all head to the dance floor and dance. Mary dances with Steve while the rest of us dance with each other. I see Alan coming through the crowd, and he wraps his arms around Anna she jumps at first, but when she turns around and see it's him, she relaxes, and they dance. He waves at me. I wave back. After a few dances, I head back to the bar. Janet is dancing with a guy, getting to the bar, and I grab my drink and sit down.

Anna POV

"I don't fucking believe it"

"What's the matter?" Alan says

"Look at that" I say he turns around

"Oh no what you going to do?" Alan asks

"Where's Sarah?" Anna says Alan looks around.

"At the bar" Alan says Anna taps Janet and Mary and point at Darren all the girls gasp as there is Darren with a skinny woman all over him and he has his hands on her waist we push our way through the crowd to Sarah.

Sarah POV

"I was sitting at the bar when all the girls surrounded me "Hello you all ok?"

"I knew it I fucking knew it I told you to dump him but you would not listen" Anna says

"What are you on about?" Anna moves out the way and points to the crowd and I see Darren with a woman all over him Darren looks up and locks eyes with me he pushes the other woman away and starts to make his way over. I turn around back to the bar.

"Sarah baby, it's not what you think." I turn around and smile, and then I slap him so hard and walk past him. I hear Anna, Janet shouting Mary is by my side with her arm through mine, I walk outside and get a taxi I can here Darren calling me but I don't care soon Anna, Janet, Mary and Alan all get in we head home.