Chapter 22

Sarah POV
I couldn't sleep I just couldn't I look at the clock it's six ten am, this is my fault that's what it feels like, I just feel so guilty cause it was Mary she didn't deserve this.

"FUCK!"

"Baby you ok?"

"Yes no I don't know Darren this is fucked up I feel so guilty"

"No you stop that right now this was not you it was that bitch, you hear me?"

"I know your right"

He holds me close I can't help but wonder how things got this bad.
Not being able to sleep, I get up and get dressed. Going to the kitchen, I make a cup of coffee. Looking out the window, I feel useless, arms come around me leaning back. I'm grateful for the strength he is giving me.

"I need to do something, Darren."

"Like what baby?"

"I'm going to see Steve. I'm going to Mary's home now to start to clean up and get things in moving like the skips the cleaning crew once Mary has been thought all her stuff."

"Ok baby, I'll come with you,"

"Thanks, I love you,"

"I love you too,"

Walking to Steves front door, I knock lightly, not wanting to wake Mary Steve opens the door.

"Hi Steve, I'm going to head over to Mary's to get the skips ready and the cleaners. I just wanted to let you know."

"It's ok, you don't have to whisper Mary is awake. Come on in." I walk into the kitchen to see Mary holding a cup, looking out to the window.

"Mary"

"Hi Sarah, Darren."

"I'm so sorry."

"Why Sarah?"

"This is my fault she has a problem with me, not you,"

"Come here!" I go to her, and we hug."Listen to me Sarah cross this is not your fault it's hers she is not the person we knew. I have made a decision, though. "

"What's that?"

"I can't live in that house again me and Steve talked about it and I'm going to sell after we get it sorted of course, you were right last night I have you all and I have a new home, now why don't we get over there and start."

"That's a great idea, Mary." We get the car and make our way over when we pull up it's quite.

"You ready, Mary?"

"As I'll ever be" getting out we make our way inside "Darren Steve can you get all the big furniture out on the front ready for when the skips come Sarah ,will you help me look for photos jewellery anything that can be saved."

"Of course you heard Mary. Let's get to it,"

"I'll help the guys,"

"Dad,"

"Hey baby girl,"

"I'll help you girls,"

"Thanks, mom." I stand there and watch Mary with her parents, and it brings an ache to my heart. I never had that turning away. I start on the pictures in the broken frames. The pictures seem ok, just the frames that are broken. A box is placed next to me with a dustpan and brush in it. I look up to see Tess.

"You ok Sarah?"

"I'm ok, happy to be doing something to help,"

"That's not what I meant."

"I feel guilty. You know I don't like to see my friends upset or hurt,"

"Listen to me this isn't your fault don't let what that bitch did make you feel guilty otherwise she wins"

"Your right." she hugs me

"Of course I am"

We laugh. I clear away the glass and frames as I work, I'm happy that the pictures seem to be ok ,when I have all the pictures I take them out to the car and put them inside with some photo albums that I found, walking back inside I clear away some broken ornaments, outside I hear a truck it's two skips.

"Mary, the skips are here,"

"I'll deal with it. You carry on," Steve says

Steve makes his way outside. Sweeping up all the CDs, I placed them in the box of trash. The box is full. I go to pick it up, but Trevor takes it and smiles at me. I smile back.

Fetching another box I keep sweeping up the CDs all the DVDs are are broken so I place them in the box the more I clean the madder I get, sweeping up the glass table top I'm happy to see the front room is nearly empty. we make our way into the kitchen. I carry the microwave out to the skip , and even if the kettle is broken, I walk back into the front room to see the guys ripping up the carpet.

"Hey, when you have done this, we need you in the kitchen. The washer, dryer, and fridge freezer need to go in the skip."

"Ok will do, Sarah," Trevor says. They have taken the two skips away and brought more. " Trevor smiles at me, going back into the kitchen. I take all the broken off doors and place them in the front garden. I stand there and wipe my forehead. I look up and can't believe what I see. Anna is there sitting on the wall opposite, watching us clean up her mess.

"Hey Sarah, how's it going?" I don't answer. I just walk over to her. I hear my name being called but I carry on, once I'm In front of Anna I go to scream at her when a hand is put on my arm thinking it's Darren I go to cuss him out when I see Mary.

"She is not worth it!"

"Who the fuck you saying is not worth it bitch" Mary turns to look at Anna

"I'm talking about you who else would I be talking about"

"How's the cleaning going?" she smirks at Mary 

"It's going good thanks you gave me a reason to do a clean out seeing as I'm moving anyway." the smirk drops off Anna's face.

"Happy I could fucking help you fat bitch." Mary laughs

"You see all those people over there? They are my family ,Sarah is my sister, and you can do nothing in this world that you can do to bring me down. Those people they will bring me back up, now if there is nothing else we have work to do" Mary takes my arm and we walk back across the road, going back into the house I look at Mary and she is smiling at me.

"You're rubbing off on me Sarah come on, let's get this finished and leave the men to work." It takes about an hour. Mary is satisfied that she has all she can save.
Myself Tess and Mary go to the car and go back to Steves. we leave the guys just to empty the house, when we arrive Mary shows her mom round the house, going to the kitchen I get out some chicken put it in to cook, I put the jacket potatoes in to cook, making the salad Mary and Tess walk in.

"We would have helped you now come on Mary where is the wine?"

"I'll get it." I get the glasses, and we go outside, sitting down with a huff. I pour us some wine, and sitting back, we look out to the water.