Chapter 1: Beach Days: Not Exactly My Thing

Ally's POV

Ah yes. Summer vacation. Nothing like checking out a variety and excessive supply of books from the library. Am I right or am I right?

Wait, you don't do that? That's what summer is all about. There's nothing like curling up with a good book. What's wrong with you? People like you are the reason I hope the next generation of human beings does something meaningful for the society. And for themselves as well.

Hello, my name is Ally Dawson. Singer, songwriter, and a 4.5 GPA straight A student. I like to give myself a pat on the shoulder for these achievements. Yeah, I'm a nerd. As people would call me. But, I don't really care what they think or say about me.

Right now, all I cared about was not getting a horrible sun burn from this boiling ball of heat and gas people called the Sun. I currently sat on a beach chair, which I hated so much, under an umbrella that would apparently 'give me some shade'. Yeah, some shade this is. Half of my body was getting as crispy as bacon in a pan.

I was trying to read one of the many books I checked out from the library this week. It wasn't so easy to read with kids and adults screaming around me, having fun. The heat was also the problem. I hated the beach. I only came today because Austin, Dez, and Trish were coming. And they begged me to join them. Just like they were trying to right now. Well, Trish was.

"Ally, please come with us." Trish begged, grabbing a hold of my arm. "It's just me and the guys, and I hate being the only girl."

"Trish, I have told you before. I don't want to go into the water with you guys. I rather stay here, in my comfy beach chair." I told her, patting the chair softly.

"Yeah sure. It doesn't look like you do. Considering you look like your getting half crispy because of the sun." She retorts back, raising an eyebrow. She smirks at me.

I sigh, knowing my excuse is stupid. "Fine, I'm not having fun. I hate the beach! You know that! But still, I don't want to go into the water with you guys. You can't do anything to get me off this chair." I say, leaning back and closing my eyes. I take a deep breath.

"Ugh, you're a party pooper girl. I guess I'll just hang with you here doing nothing." Trish says to me, sighing. I open my eyes and sit up, ready to tell her I'm sorry. I hate making Trish stay behind with me just because I apparently 'don't want to have fun'. Before I could open my mouth to apologize, I take a quick glance towards the water to see if Austin and Dez are still in there. Rookie mistake, I thought. I had a double take.

My gaze was interlocked to the ocean, just as Austin came out of the water in his swimming trunks. His hair was wet and he ran his hand through it, slicking it back. His bare chest was wet as well, and from here, I could already see the drops of water on his well toned body. He was walking towards my direction, smiling at me. My head replayed his motions of coming out of the water and walking to me in slow motion. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. He was just so, so cute. Sexy and hot even. Woah, I told myself. He's my best friend. I shouldn't be thinking of him like that.

I'm guessing Trish saw my reaction towards Austin. I could already feel her smiling at me.

"Ally sweetie," Trish said, kindly. "Close your mouth honey. You're drooling a little." She finishes smirking, closing my mouth I hadn't realized was opened slightly. I shook my head and looked away, trying to play it cool. I turned to her.

"Wwwhhhaaattt?" I trailed off. "Starring at Austin. I-I wasn't doing that. No o-of course not. You were." I said, smiling sheepishly and stuttering.

"Ally, forget it. I saw you. Don't worry kid, I won't tell anyone." She tells me, putting a hand on my shoulder. She chuckles softly.

"Thanks Trish. You're an awesome-" I was cut off.