Chapter 10: Moving On, But In A Good Way

Austin's POV

"At least I've finally apologized to Ally." I say to myself, letting out a long sigh as I walk out of the music room towards my locker. It's free period for me, so I get to do whatever I'd like.

I actually want to do something important before heading with Ally, Trish, and Dez. Having the guts to do it now, I'm going to get this over with. I head to Cassidy's locker. Luckily, she's there.

During today, all I've been thinking about is what Dez told me the other day. I think it's time to move on, and if I actually tried to hang out/date someone that wasn't Ally, my crush for her would disappear for good. And I wanted that person to be Cassidy.

Cassidy has had the biggest crush on me since freshmen year. She's really nice, and seems like an awesome girl overall. I would actually like to get to know her better.

I quickly go over what I'm going to tell her in my head. I take one last deep breath, and walk up to her.

"Hey Cassidy." I say, leaning besides her locker. Her green eyes flick to my direction. She smiles.

"Hey blondie. Sorry, I mean Austin." She says, closing her locker. I chuckle.

"It's cool, I don't mind." I tell her.

"So, what's up?" She asks me.

"Well, I actually came to ask you something." I say slowly. She just stares at me, expecting me to continue.

"I uh- wanted to ask you... about your  day. H-how has your day been going?" I ask her, nervously. She laughs.

"It's been good. Uh, how has yours been?" She asks.

"It's been alright too." I say. It gets silent. She clears her throat.

"Are you sure that's all you wanted to ask me? You look like you want to say something but someone's holding you back." Cassidy tells me. I blush. Damn she's already making me blush.

"Sorry, yeah I actually do. Would you like to... I don't know... maybe go out sometime?" I ask. She blinks for a second, then smiles.

"Are you being serious? I thought you were with Ally for some reason." She says. I do a double take.

"What? Haha, no actually. I-I'm not or never was with Ally. We are just really close friends, that's all. Besides, she has a boyfriend now." I tell her. She nods.

"Well, since you put it like that, then yes. I would love to go out with you Austin." She says, smiling. I grin.

"Great! How does this Friday sound? I'll pick you up." I say. She nods.

"Sounds good. Here's my number, since you don't have it yet. I'll send you my address." She quickly writes down her number on a sticky note. She sticks it on my shirt.

"See you on Friday... Blondie." She says, walking away. I laugh.

"See you Cassidy." I say. I fist bump the air. Success.

"Looks like my best bud has a date." Dez says, walking up to me. I roll my eyes playfully.

"Yeah yeah. You saw all of that man?" I ask him. He nods.

"Yup, every second." He says.

"I'm actually pretty excited. I'm planning to take her out roller skating. Or bowling." I tell him.

"That sounds like fun. I'm sure you two will hit it off just fine." He says. I sigh.

"I've got to move on somehow don't I? Speaking of dating... Why haven't you asked Trish out yet?" I ask him, smirking. He looks at me with wide eyes.