Chapter 3: Things Will Be Different From Now On

Austin's POV

"The name's Elliot. Elliot Jones." The new kid- I mean Elliot says. Well, I do like calling him the new kid better. Douche and prick are high up there too. The list could go on and on. But right now, this Elliot dude was getting on my nerves. I open my mouth to say something, but Ally beats me to it.

"It's nice to meet you Elliot. I'm Ally, as you may know already. This is Trish, that's Dez, and the boy that has his arm around me is Austin." Ally says, flashing him a nice smile. He smiles back. I roll my eyes.

"It's nice to meet you guys. I don't want to make things sound awkward or anything, but are you and Austin together Ally?" He asks. "Since you know, he has his arm around you." Elliot says, motioning to me. Ally starts to respond, but I cut her off. Sorry Als, but I got this one.

"Yes, we are together. I'm her boyfriend and she is my amazing gir-" I get cut off by Ally this time, and she's pretty damn surprised. Dez and Trish wide their eyes at my comment. I just had to, you know? I got to give this guy a sign, warning him to stay away from Ally.

"Austin is just messing around. No Elliot, we aren't dating." Ally tells him. He gives her a sigh of relief, and smiles at her. He rubs the back of his neck nervously. "Well alright, that's cool." He says. Wait, what's that supposed to mean? I give him a glare.

"So, before things get more awkward, tell us about yourself new kid." I ask. Now it's Ally's turn to glare at me. I shrug.

"Well, I moved here from New York because my dad got a great promotion, so we had to move here to Miami. I wasn't up for another move, but my mom and I have already gotten used to it. My dad gets relocated a lot, so we move a lot. I've been to 4 different high schools this year, and it's a pain in the ass to make new friends when you know you are going to move again soon. I've never had a decent best friend, just like a girlfriend. I've never had a proper one, but I'd like to though." He tells us.

Interesting, I think to myself. Not really though. I stopped listening around the middle of all his talking. He could be talking all day, but all I would care about would be him looking at Ally. I didn't like it. Call it jealously for all I care, but it's not. I can assure you that.

"Woah! You're from New York? Is it true that their are huge man eating rats in the sewers?" Dez asks Elliot. We all give him a 'wtf' look, even Elliot.

"That's disgusting. Why the hell would you ask that you doof?" Trish tells him. "Dez, you are getting weirder by the minute." Ally chimes in. All Dez does is smile, probably taking Ally's comment as a compliment.

Elliot looks at him weirdly. "No Dez, there aren't any. It's fake, they aren't real." He says. Dez frowns.

"Aww, I was really hoping that they were real. They sound awesome. I read about them online once, and I was like wow, what coolness-" Trish cuts him off.

"Shut up Dez. You're going to scare Elliot away. I'll probably reconsider my friendship with you too." Trish scolds him. Dez frowns, but all Elliot does is laugh. Ally and I just listen to their conversation, kinda getting scared to actually join in. When Trish starts to become irritated, everyone gets scared about the monster she'll probably unleash when you get on her last nerve.

"It's okay Trish. Dez is really cool. I like his personality, it's definitely a new one I haven't seen before. It's fun." Elliot tells her. Dez grins.

"See Trish, he won't run off. He says I have a cool personality. He's fond of me. You should try that too." Dez says, looking a Trish. I laugh, and Ally starts to as well. Trish gives Dez the angriest glare ever, and it's pretty scary. That's the look that could kill you. She's on her last nerve. I'd be scared if it were me she was looking at.