Chapter 5: I'm Not Liking These 'Mall Tours'

Austin's POV

"Woah, this guitar is amazing. It's exactly what I was looking for. " I say in astonishment. I look at the dark blue and black electric guitar in my hands, as I trace my fingers on the strings. I smile.

"I was sure you would like this one Austin. Want to give it a try?" Mr. Dawson asks. I turn to look at him, smiling like a goofball.

"Can I?"

He nods. "Go for it."

I grin and position the guitar. I give it a simple strum from one of my songs. I love the way it sounds. I think this is the one.

"Mr. Dawson, I think this one is it. I'll take it." I say. He smiles.

"Great!" He walks over to the cash register and I follow in suite. "That will be $450."

"Oh! Can I get a guitar case, a stand, and an extra pair of strings for it too?" I ask.

"Sure, with the guitar case, the stand, and the extra strings, that will be... $580." He says. I hand Mr. Dawson the money I was allowed to spend, with the permission of my parents of course, for this new guitar I just had to get.

With a few more pushes of some buttons on the cash register, Mr. Dawson gives me my receipt and my brand new guitar in its case. He also gives me an extra small paper bag with the extra strings inside.

"Thank you so much Mr. Dawson! God, I can't wait to use it!" I say out loud. I was just really excited at the moment. Mr. Dawson chuckles.

"No problem Austin. Hey, where's Ally by the way? Have you seen her?" He asks me. My smile drops, and it turns into a frown.

"Oh right, Ally. She is showing this new kid from school around the mall. She invited him with us today so that she could show him a little bit of Miami. He moved here from New York, and his name is Elliot." I tell him. Mr. Dawson widens his eyes.

"She's on a date with him? And she didn't tell me?" He asks me, getting panicked. I nod my head no quickly. I try to reassure him.

"No no! Of course she isn't! She's just showing him around. They're just friends, don't worry." I say. Mr. Dawson starts to relax. He puts a hand over his heart.

"Oh thank god! You were about to give me a mini heart attack." He says. I give him a small smile. I really like Mr. Dawson, he's super cool and understanding. Just like Ally. That's where she gets that from. The next thing he says however, catches me off guard.

"Take care of her for me."

Wait, what did he just say? Did he just say what I think he just said? I widen my eyes slightly, looking at him.

"I'm sorry what?" I say, wanting to make sure I heard correctly.

"Take care of Ally for me Austin. I'd like to ask you for that favor." I just stare at him.

"You see," He continues. "I trust Ally with all my heart. I know she would never do anything to betray my trust. But, when it comes to dating and things like that, I get a little over protective. And even when I'm not there and she's out with a guy that isn't you or Dez, that's where I get really worried. So that's why I'm asking you, please take care of Ally for me when I'm not there. I know you care a lot about her as much as I do, so I'd appreciate it if you would just keep an eye on her for me. I trust you as much as I trust her. I'm counting on you." He finishes. He waits for a response from me.

"I will Mr. Dawson. Trust me, I'll take care of her. I'll keep an eye on her like you'd like for me to. I care a lot about Ally, and I would never want anything to happen to her." I say. He puts a hand on my shoulder.