Chapter 4: Just Another Regular First Day: Actually No, Scratch That

Ally's POV

"God, I can't believe the police officer stole the precious million dollar diamonds. That god damn son of a nugget tried framing his own sister! I did not see that coming!" I gasp to myself, as I read the third installment of 'The Mysteries Never Told, Witnessed, or UnCalled For'. I just checked it out from the school's library, and it has been just so amazing so far! I loved it!

It was 7th period, the last period of the day, and Austin's, Dez's, Trish's, and my free period. We all had it on the same period, like every other year. It was a coincidence, and a really good one. I liked seeing them more than once a day.

I was sitting on the picnic table we always sat in outside, the one with the big old oak tree that granted us a lot of really good shade. Austin was with me, and all we waited for were for Trish and Dez. They should be here in any minute. They don't take long, unless they got in another pointless argument. I totally think they like each other though, and that their arguments are their own ways of flirting. But, that was just me.

Elliot wasn't in this period with us, so it was just me, Austin, Trish, and Dez. He had I believe Web Design right now, which was right across the other side of the school.

It has been nice and fun to show him around, and he's a really nice guy. Even if I acted like I didn't notice, I knew that he was flirting with me earlier. It was obvious. And, I was honestly really flattered. No other guy has ever given me much of a compliment like he has today. Well, except Austin, but he just compliments me because he is a genuine guy and he is my best friend. Right?

I shake my head at the thoughts I have of Austin. Yes he was an amazing guy: he's caring, sweet, kind, funny, talented, and so much more. But, I know he doesn't like me as more than just a friend. My feelings for him like I've said before are like 'yes you totally like him', but then a second later, I'm over him. I've been trying to get over him, so that I can bare the pain I feel for him thinking he doesn't like me the way I like him', but somehow, my feelings for him don't stop. I get so confused, and those are always the thoughts I have in my head 24/7.

Elliot, as I've seen so far today, is fond of me. Maybe more than just a friend... But, I'll have to let faith decide on that situation. If something happens between us, it happens when it wants to and because it was destined to.

Elliot is a really nice and great guy, and I really want to get to know him more. That's why I'm hanging out with him. That and I'd like to be friends with him too. He's really cool. There's something about him though, something that intrigues me.

"Earth to Ally Dawson? Are you there, or have Zaliens taken over your body?" A voice questions me. A hand waves in front of my face. I get startled a little, but recognize the voice immediately. It was Austin.

"Huh? What?" I ask. He looks at me, and raises an eyebrow.

"Are you okay Ally? You zoned out for a bit." He replies. I look down at the book in my hands. I close it, noticing that I've been on the same page for 5 minutes already. I did zone out then. I place it in my school bag and look back at him. I give him a sheepish smile.

"Yeah, I'm alright. I was just thinking." I run a hand through my hair. His gaze is still on me.

"Alright, as long as you're okay." He says. I smile. See, he's really caring.

"So," He begins. "How has your tour with Mr. City Boy been? I was going to ask you if you needed any help in the morning, but you left with him before I even got a chance to ask you." He finishes.

"It's been good." I say. "He's familiar with the whole campus, and he knows his way around well now. He's not going to need me anymore." I finish. I catch him with a big smile on his face. I raise an eyebrow.