Chapter 9: Better Change That Status Update

Ally's POV

"I knew he would make a move, I knew it!" Trish squeals out excitedly. I put my hand over her mouth.

"Shhh!" I tell her, calming her down. She rolls her eyes.

"Chill out Trish. He tried kissing me, but my dad interrupted and we never did anything. I'm telling you the complete truth." I say to her.

"Who cares if you didn't do anything? I'm just proving my point that I knew he was going to try making a move on you! He really likes you!" She tells me. I give her a small smile.

"I know he likes me, and I like him a lot too. I just hate that my dad had to be such a-"

"Cockblock? Yeah, I know how it feels." Trish says, cutting me off. I laugh.

"Sure, let's put it that way." I say.

"Hey guys!" Dez says, joining in. He sits besides Trish.

"Where's Austin?" I ask, surprised he's not with Dez.

"I don't know, I thought he'd already be here with you guys. Have you seen him around today?" He asks. Trish shrugs, shaking her head.

"The bell is going to ring in a couple of minutes. He should be here in a bit." I say.

"So, how was your date?" Dez asks, interesting. I raise an eyebrow, surprised he asked.

"Well-" I start.

"It went great." A voice behind me says, cutting me off. I turn around to see Elliot.

"Hey guys. Hey Ally." He says, kissing my cheek lightly. I blush deeply. Trish and Dez smile.

"Hey Elliot. How has your day been?" I ask him, trying to break the silence.

"It's been well. I actually came to ask you something. It's actually between just us two." He says. I'm guessing he wants to go talk alone somewhere else. So I get up.

"I'll catch up with you guys after school." I tell Trish and Dez. They both nod. I walk away with Elliot.

"So, what is it you wanted to tell me?" I ask him as we stop under a tree in the quad. He sighs.

"Our first date was great, and I hope you agree on that part." He says. I laugh.

"And I wanted to ask you something. I know it may be a little soon, but I think we are really getting to know each other. I feel like we have a really good connection." He continues. I take a deep breathe.

"Ally, will you be my girlfriend?" He asks me. The ask surprises me. But, everything he just said was true to me. We do have a connection.

"I'd love to be your girlfriend Elliot." I say. He smiles, and hugs me. He spins me around. I laugh.

"I'm so glad you said yes. And, I finally get to do this." He leans in and kisses me. His hands move to my waist, I wrap my arms around his neck. We pull away.

"Did that just happen?" I whisper. He smiles.

"Yeah, and this time, your dad wasn't here to interrupt." He says. I laugh. The bell then rings, indicating it's time to go to 6th period.

"Damn, the bell rang. Here, I'll walk you to class." He says, grabbing my hand. His hand intertwines with mine. I smile. I'm going to have to get used to this.

"You don't have to El. Get to class, you don't want to be late." I tell him as we walk to the music room.

"Eh, I don't mind. I want to walk you. Don't worry." He tells me. Once we get there, he quickly kisses my cheek.

"Bye Ally. See you later." He says, winking at me. I blush.

"Bye Elliot." I say, walking into class. I spot Austin, and take my usual seat next to him.

"Hey there." I say, putting my stuff down. I see him writing on his notebook.

"Hey Als." He says, not looking up. I frown.

"What's up with you Austin?" I ask him. This time, he looks at me. His hair covers a little bit of his face.

"Nothing. How was your date with Eliot?" He asks with a straight face. Straight to the point I see. I sigh.

"Well, it went well. It was really fun." I tell him. He nods.

"That's good. Glad you had a good time." He says. Then the bell rings. Mr. Richards comes in.

"Alright class. Listen up! Today, we will begin working on our first introduction to the year project. You will partner up with someone for the next 4 weeks, and compose a full song with them. Then, you'll preform it in front of the whole class. It'll let you to get to know your partner, as well as know how to work cooperatively with others. Pick your partners, sit next to them, and discuss your ideas. Today is just brainstorming but tomorrow, the real work begins. This will count for half of your grade, so beware." He says, starting to hand out papers. The class gets noisy, as everyone looks for partners and move their desks. I look at Austin.

"Partners?" I ask him. He looks at me.

"Always." He says, smiling. That warms my heart. I move my desk so that its next to his. He closes his notebook and takes out a piece of paper from his binder. I take out a paper of my own.

"So, have any ideas for the song. I was thinking maybe something fun or upbeat. Maybe a love song?" I ask him. He thinks.

"I was actually thinking the same thing. Something upbeat but cute, you know? Those are my personal favorites that we write together." He says. I blush.

"Aw you. You're so sweet." I tell him. He laughs.

"So, I was wondering. Do you maybe want to work on this song after school? Sonic boom maybe?" He asks me.

"That actually works for me, I don't have a shift today. And, the practice room is always there to work with. So let's do it." I tell him. He nods.

"Alright. I really didn't want to work on it now because I actually want to talk to you for a bit. It's been a while since I haven't had a proper conversation with you. How have you been?" Austin asks me.

"I've been doing well. As you know, I'm actually with Elliot now. We are official." I tell him. He frowns a bit.

"Oh. I'm happy for you guys. You make a good couple." He says, a little uncertain.

"Thanks. I really like him, and I think what we have is going to work well." I say. He nods, smiling.

"I'm glad you're happy. And by the way, I want to clear the air between us. The last time we talked, I was a real dick. And I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. The way I was talking to you, the way I retorted back wasn't cool at all." He says. I smile.

"It's okay Austin. I forgive you. I get it, we get mad sometimes and say things we didn't mean." I tell him. He smiles.

"Thanks. Hug it out?" He asks, opening his arms.

"Of course." I say, hugging him. The hug lasts a few seconds, and we pull away. Then, the bell rings. We stand at the same time.

"I'll catch up with you guys in a few Als. I'll see you after school if I don't." Austin tells me. I nod.

"Alright, don't be late though." I say.

"Don't worry, I won't be."
__________________________
A/N: Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Here's a chapter at least. It's not like anyone really reads my stories a lot anymore... Lol. Anyways, talk to you next time. The story is just getting better from here. Stay tuned.

- Rauslly <3