Chapter 63

Chapter 63: Attack

"The queen summoned the symbol of a lotus flower!"

Claret had told me that the only flower Rosh couldn't summon was a lotus. Even a symbol or form of it couldn't be drawn from any powers of the Le'Vamueivos siblings. I asked her how a lotus could be so symbolic to a family, but she said that only a Le'Vamueivos could truly tell that story.

Ang tanging nalalaman niya lang ay tanging dalawang babae pa lang sa kahariang ito ang may higit na koneksyon sa lotus.

That's why, during the preparations before my performance when I was still in the garden of pixies, I could only think of this flower. The idea of its uniqueness seemed like it could be a threat.

I told Claret that behind every wave of my hand, the swirl of my waist, the chimes of the accessories hanging around my body, and the trail of my barefoot as it kissed the floor—slowly as if a paintbrush touching its canvas, tracing lines with every stroke—colors started to appear, creating an image: the real masterpiece after the ceremonial dance.

"Kezalli . . ."

Nahihimigan ko na ang takot sa boses ni Tobias. He wasn't aware of the lotus in my dance. Kahit si Rosh ay nanlalaki ang mga mata sa ibaba habang nakatingala sa kalangitan.

I knew that they were starting to realize this move. Alam nilang sa sandaling makita ni Freya ang simbolo na ito, hindi lang siya ang magkukumahog magtungo sa Deltora upang pigilan ako. With the sudden appearance of the symbol of the known flower related to the woman who was destined to appear after few more years, her sudden summon at this moment would end them.

Sa likuran ko ay higit na umagos ang tubig, hindi rin nagtagal ay nagsimula nang yumanig ang lupa.

I might have performed well in front of those creatures and made them smile with my first ceremonial dance, but this could be their worst, as I chose this day to provoke Freya, Veda, and Atlas.

Claret was right. We shouldn't wait for the other women of the prophecy for us to move. Nagtatago ngayon sina Freya, Atlas, Veda, at Mitchelle dahil kapwa sila nanghihina dahil sa nakaraang labanan.

"The queen is being attacked!"

Malakas na sigaw ng isa sa mga pixies ang siyang narinig ko kasabay nang biglang pagdilim ng kalangitan.

When I looked over my shoulder, I saw a dark force, flying directly from the sky— targeting the symbol I've made. And definitely, aiming at me to stop me from creating another symbol.

The pixies gathered around me to protect me against the surging dark attack.

"Kezalli!"

Nang muli akong yumuko sa ibaba, wala na si Tobias sa ibaba.

Because as the black attack was surging directly at me from above, five more forces were surging fast from below.

I always thought that vampires couldn't fly, or maybe some like Seth and Pryor . . .

But Rosh, Blair, Tobias, and Zen? They were like bullets.

Yumanig ang tinatapakan ko nang sabay-sabay lumampas sa akin ang limang liwanag na iyon. Napatingala na lang ako nang nahati nang sunod-sunod ang itim na atakeng iyon.

I saw water blades slicing it into smaller pieces with the lashing of vines and petals of roses spreading in the air shattering it more.

"Blair!" sigaw ni Rosh.

The remaining dark attack was coming towards Blair. He was falling, but he opened both of his arms, creating infinite squares as if I found a red net in the sky.