Chapter Seventeen - Gerard's POV

Author's note: This chapter is the longest one so far... And it flows really awkwardly... Sorry about that... Anyway... Enjoy!

---

I fumbled around uselessly in my room for a few hours, bored out of my mind without Frank there.

I'd managed to sleep for a while. It wasn't the best sleep, because I woke up for a few minutes because of a mild nightmare, but it was okay. It was sleep.

I woke up fully from my nap to a growling stomach, forcing myself to stumble in to the kitchen and fix some coffee, and eventually, Mikey convinced me to eat some cereal, too. Even though I'd kind of been boycotting normal dietary habits, having a full stomach felt both good and uncomfortable. I felt fat after eating, but I also didn't feel quite as lightheaded as before.

"Drink," Mikey said, setting a glass of water next to my coffee mug as he sat down at the other side of the table with a bowl of cereal that I knew he didn't really like. "I swear you're just going to pass out and die one of these days. You can't live off of coffee forever."

I snorted, rolling my eyes and taking a sip of water. "It's worked up until this point... Sorry about your toast. I'll get you some tomorrow, okay?"

My little brother just gave me a small smile. "Thanks... You know I was just kind of being an ass this morning, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "I kind of guessed. I got into a lot of trouble with Frank, ya' know... Over fucking toast."

Mikey laughed. "I didn't mean to do that! I just wanted toast! I didn't expect him to flip-shit like that! Speaking of the midget, where it he?"

I chuckled, shaking my head. "If he hears you calling him that..."

Mikey grinned. "Seriously, though, where is he? I have a question about guitar and your advice sucks."

I flipped him off, thankful my mom wasn't there to see. "He's at his house, dork."

"His house? So he doesn't actually live here now?"

I rolled my eyes again. "While that would be nice, no, he does not live here."

Mikey just rolled his eyes back at me. "Seems like it."

"It's not like he's always here, though..."

"Not always, but most of the time."

I shrugged. "I dunno. I guess. I've been considering just giving him a key, if mom'll let me."

"I'm sure she would, she loves him. I'd just go ahead and get a key made, if I were you."

"Yeah?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. "Maybe I will."

"You should," Mikey told me. He stood up, setting his cereal bowl in the sink. "I'm gonna' go practice, 'kay?"

I nodded, smiling. "You're gonna grow up and be the world's best bass player, kid."

He laughed.

I just grinned.

I didn't really know what to do with myself- Mikey was busy, Frank had gone home for a little while, after a very angry exchange on the phone with his mom... I didn't have much to do but draw, watch mind-numbing TV, and sleep.

I'd told Frank that he didn't have to go; I'd tried every method of trying to convince him to stay. I would have loved for him to just stay enjoy the rest of Sunday with me, to curl up with me in bed and nap all the way up to our date, because I was suddenly very, extremely tired, now that I'd admitted that I really hadn't been sleeping as much as I should be.