Chapter Twenty-Nine - Gerard's POV

Hey everyone! So, not much of an author's note today; I finally posted a blog on my website again, though, so if you want to check that out it's got a bit of an update on my life and all that personal crap. (My website is contentsofmymess.webs.com. Yeah, I know, I have way too many social networking accounts/sites, but I'm working on making a complete lists of all my accounts and such so it's easier to sort out haha. I'll probably post the list on my website [which you should subscribe to, hinthintnudgenudge] when it's done.)

Anyway, I'm sorry if this chapter is a little off, but if you read that post on my website you'll understand why. Stuff in my life right now is, like, super fucked up. It's weird.

Also, I'm gonna' post a thing on my website (it'll be up right after I post this chapter) that's a bit of a preview for the fic that I want to write after Folie. It'll be all from Frank's POV and there's quite a bit of Ryan of P!ATD and Bert of The Used and also in the fic Gerard sees ghosts so... Yeah, haha, it's gonna' be intense. I'm really looking forward to sharing it with you guys, I've really enjoyed writing it so far, almost more than I'm enjoying Folie right now. (But then again, as my awesome friend Lauren said, new fics are always fun to write...)

Besides that, though, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! It's kind of awkwardly written in places but I think I got it to where it needed to be.

---

Showering with Frank was nice. At first I wondered if it would be weird or awkward, naked and standing so close together, doing such a mundane thing, but it turned out to be nice. He kept his eyes on my face, most of the time, letting his hands do the looking at the rest of my body. I was thankful for that, it was like he was reading my mind and understanding how nervous I was to be fully unclothed in front of another human being, in a place that had good lighting and nowhere to hide.

"I'm in love with your hair," I told Frank, moving wet strands away from his face. We were sitting in the living room, fully clothed again, and he was curled up in my lap. My mom had left for the store, Mikey informed us before retreating back to his room, and was getting us ice cream.

Frank leaned his face into my cheek, closing his eyes. "I can't decide what I want to do with it next. It's always a scary decision."

"I like it when it's just long enough to get curly," I told him, kissing the top of his head, my hand touching his cheek.

He turned his face to press a kiss against my hand before taking my fingers in his. He was sitting sideways, in my lap, legs stretched out on the couch. The TV was turned on, the news serving as easy background noise.

He rested his head against my chest. "You're warm."

I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my chin on top of his head and closing my eyes. "So are you."

We sat there in silence for a while, just enjoying being close to each other.

I was the first to break the silence; "I've been thinking about applying for a job somewhere. I mean, the thing with the newspaper comic that I went for- remember that? It feels like forever ago. They never even called me back or anything."

He kind of shifted, moving his head away to get a better look at me, meeting my eyes. "A job?"

I nodded. "Something dumb and stupid, probably. At a fast food restaurant or some shit. Maybe the diner if they're hiring."

He just looked at me. "Why?" 

I looked back, feeling myself blush. "Well, we have to have money, for uh-"