Chapter 6.)

Carter's POV

"Carter open the door!" Sophie called as she pounded on the door loudly. By the time we got back to the house last night it was already pretty late so I'm pretty sure I slept in. I groaned loudly and didn't move. "Carter Kane get your butt up or God knows that I will kick this door down." She threatened.

"I'm coming." I called through my pillow. I rolled out of bed and opened the door with a yawn. Sophie stood there with her arms crossed and her hip popped to one side.

This my people, is what I liked to call Annoyed Sophie.

She blinked in surprise for a second when she saw me but almost instantly regained her composure. I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure it was because I wasn't wearing a shirt. "Training. 20 minutes lets go slowpoke." She told me. I groaned and leaned on the door frame. "Why so cranky so early?" I asked teasingly. Sophie rolled her eyes but smiled. "I'm not cranky. This is normal bossy me. Plus it's 8:10. It's not early."

I chuckled and shook my head. "I'll be down in a few." I assured her. "You'd better be." She retorted humorously. I smiled and shut the door. I went into my bathroom and took a quick shower. Once I got out I threw on a white shirt and khaki shorts and grey Sperry's.

In exactly 15 minutes I was down at breakfast where I saw Sophie, Sadie, Walt, and Jazz were sitting at our usual table. I tapped Sophie on her left shoulder and ran off to the right to grab some food. Sadly she was too smart and looked to the right. "Nice try." She called. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

Once I got my food I took the seat next to Jazz, right across from Sophie. She was crunching on an apple while talking to Sadie about the differences between swords. She seemed happier now, so that was good.

"What's on the agenda for today?" Walt asked. Me and Sophie glanced at each other and then had a silent conversation. "Just a normal practice day. Everybody should also start packing for the trip." I answered. "Sounds good. Alright guys clean up and get to the training rooms!" Sadie yelled. Everyone started to clean up and in about 10 minutes we were all in the training rooms.

"Alright guys get in your stations and start training we only have a few more days until the war." Sophie called. The two of us supervised and made corrections as needed, but not as many as when we first started training. I couldn't help but stare at her when she dueled with Walt.

She was wearing skinny jeans and a navy blue and white striped shirt. Her hair, of course, was pulled up into a ponytail. Her eyes sparkled with determination and concentration.

"Carter!" Sadie hissed as she waved her hand in front of my face. I blinked in surprise. "Hm?"

Sadie laughed. "You should've seen your face. Sa-woon!" She squealed. I looked at her strangely and she rolled her eyes. "I'll put this in a way you'll understand. You. Like. Her." She said poking my chest each word.

My face burned and I shook my head. "Of course not. We both just got out of relationships. And with this war coming up now isn't the time." I told her. Sadie groaned. "The both of you are so frustrating!"

She stormed away and Sophie hesitantly walked towards me. "What was that about?" She asked. I shrugged. "I honestly am not sure." I lied. Sophie chuckled. "Wanna duel?" I asked. She smiled and summoned her sword. "You're on."

I pulled my Kopesh from the Duat and got into my fighting stance as she taught me. This time she made the first move and swung to my neck. I blocked it and twisted her sword around so that we were separated again. We swung and blocked for a few minutes before I finally saw an opportunity to take her down.

I swung my sword and she blocked it but at a weird angle; she knew it too from the look on her face. I knocked her sword out of her hand and caught it, putting her in the same position she put me the first time we dueled.

Our faces were inches away, and my heart was beating like crazy; not because of the dueling.

"Nice." She panted softly. I smiled and stared into her blue green eyes. "Um," I said awkwardly as I pulled away from her. Her cheeks turned a light pink. "I-I'm gonna go check on the kids with the elements." She said all flustered. "Oh
y-yeah I'll stay here and um, watch over these kids." I stuttered. She scurried away and then I sighed. I was such an idiot.
_________

A few hours later I was sitting on the swinging chair by the pool. The others were inside, probably watching a movie. I decided to stay out here cause I just needed to be alone for a little bit.

"Hey, there you are. I've been looking everywhere for you." Sophie said as she sat next to me. "Do you mind?"

I shook my head. "Course not."

"You seemed really lonely out here. Come inside. We're watching Inside Out. The kids voted on it." She explained. "I'll catch up later. You go back in." I told her.

"Nah I'm good. Plus, I have a favor." She said playfully. I chuckled. "Fire away."

"If something happens during the war, as in something goes wrong and I can't fight, take charge and help Percy as much as you can will you?" She asked seriously. I nodded. "Of course. But nothing's gonna stop you from fighting Soph, it'll all work itself out." I said. Sophie nodded hesitantly. "Yeah. Sure." She said as if trying to convince herself.

We sat there in silence for a few seconds. "What's one thing you've always wanted to do?" I asked. She looked at me strangely. I chuckled. "I'm curious. Just answer it."

Sophie shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure yet. But when I find out what it is you'll be the first to know."

I nodded and smiled. "Sounds good. I'm holding you to that by the way." I warned. She laughed. "I know. How about you? What's one thing you've always wanted to do?"

I thought about it for a few seconds. As I considered my answer, I stared at her. Her green-blue eyes were almost golden in the sunset and her hair was pulled up into the usual messy ponytail.

At that point I knew what I wanted.

"I'm not sure yet. But you'll be the first to know when I find out what I want." I said twisting her words. She chuckled and shook her head. "I'm holding you to that." She warned. I stood up and held my hand out for her. "Yeah, I know."

She placed her hand in mine and I helped her up. We stared at each other for a moment once we were both standing. There was a split second where all things in the world felt right, but then things started to get better.

She slowly intertwined her fingers with mine and my heart thumped in my chest. Her hand fit in mine like a lock and its key. Perfect.

"Let's go inside." I said as I squeezed her hand gently. She nodded and we walked into the house hand in hand.

___________

YAY A CHAPTER WITH CARTER'S POV!!!!!! The two of them are so cute.

Sorry these chapters have just been fillers but I've been thinking to put a chapter in with a character from the 7.

Vote. Comment. Follow.

LOVE Y'ALL

~Grace