Chapter 3.)

See, the thing with Demigod dreams is that they seem so real. They're vivid, lifelike, and terrifying. They also have meaning, which means they're like signs of the future or warning of some sorts.

Being more god than the average Demigod, the dreams are worse.

Typical Demigod dreams, you have the sense that you know your dreaming and you don't feel anything. Me, they feel like they're really happening, and sometimes they do happen later on, or they're an old painful memory repeating itself. I can feel pain, and I can't seem to wake up until its just too much to handle.

Tonight was one of those nights.

I woke up with a small scream; sitting straight up. I looked around the room quickly, and told myself that I would be okay repeatedly. I put my head in between my knees and took deep breaths. It was the day in New Rome when I dropped Percy and Annabeth into Tartarus.

Except, it was the other way around.

Percy was holding onto me as I hung over the edge of the deep hole leading to Tartarus. "Percy..." I breathed out. "You let me go Sophie. You're an awful sister." He told me. Tears rolled down my cheeks. "I know and I'm so sorry Percy." I choked out.

He shook his head and stared at me disappointingly. "Have fun in Tartarus." He growled. He let go of my arm and the scene changed into me in Tartarus. I was surrounded by thousands of monsters.

More specifically, all the monsters I have killed.

"You will die in this war daughter of Poseidon. You have no chance. You will die fighting." I heard Kronos's voice boom around me.

"Your blood will help Gaea permanently rise. You are no hero, you will fail." I suddenly felt myself be picked up by a giant and thrown into the dark. That was when I woke up.

There was no point of going back to sleep. That dream will keep me up for a while. I slipped on a dark blue sweatshirt over my camp shirt. Then I slipped on my converse and left my room. It was about 3 in the morning, and I had only gotten at least 6 hours of sleep.

Dinner here was really awkward, so I kept to myself and ate in the library, going through at least 4 books. I considered Iris messaging my friends, just to let them know I was okay, but the longer I flipped the drachma in my hand, the more I realized it wasn't the best idea.

I didn't realize I was on the beach until I felt the power of the ocean overwhelm me. I took a seat right by the tides letting the water wash over my legs. I sighed, feeling safe and at home once again. Maybe going to the Egyptians wasn't the best idea. Maybe I should've stayed back on the Argo.

I suddenly felt a presence in the water, and I sensed it was Carter right behind me.

I sighed. "Peaceful isn't it."

"How'd you know it was me?' He asked. I didn't bother turning to him. "I sensed you when you touched the water. What are you doing here?" I asked. He sat beside me but i kept looking straight at the ocean. "I could be asking you the same thing." Carter pointed out.

I stayed silent for second before answering. "Nightmare. Nothing serious. How about you?"

I felt him shrug beside me. "Guilt." He simply replied. I raised my eyebrows in surprise and turned to him. My sea- green eyes met his dark brown ones. "Care to explain?" I asked.

Carter sighed. "Zia's being a bit more demanding and clingy. I mean, more than an average girl should be. But-"

"Hey we're clingy because we care." I said defensively.

"They're also defensive." He teased. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face. "Continue."

"And I might be breaking up with her soon, I'm not positive yet." He explained. I shrugged. "There's nothing to be guilty about. You're just doing what you think is best." I told him. "Well... I mean she's my first girlfriend-"