Chapter 2.)

I was so grateful when Sadie let go of my arm. She was dragging me down the hallways so hard I thought she'd rip my arm out, leave me to bleed to death, and then continue running. It made me realize how happy i was to actually have an arm, and how I shouldn't take it for granted.

So now we were stopped in front of the room I would be staying in. "This is it." Sadie said perkily. I blew my bangs out of my face and shook my head to clear my mind. Sadie winced noticeably. "Sorry. I'm just a bit excited and nervous." She admitted. I chuckled and waved my arm to say it was all good. "Its fine. I've got a brother who does worse than you." I assured her. I could practically picture Percy pouting at me right now.

Percy... oh gosh its all my fault he's gone. I was an awful sister honestly.

Sadie laughed. "Okay well this is your room for now. If you need anything just shout and I'll be back." She told me. I nodded. " Thanks Sadie." I called as she ran back down the hallway. When she disappeared from my sight, I turned back to the door. Ironically, it was light blue; my favorite color. I put my hand on the cold knob and twisted it slowly.

I pushed the door open little by little, and then poked my head through. I blinked in shock.

It was exactly like my room back in Olympus.

I stepped inside and smiled in awe. The walls were the lightest and prettiest shade of blue, and the carpet was snowy white and soft. There was a large bookshelf and a desk by the window, and the bed looked really inviting right then. It had been a long week, I deserved a break from reality.

When I opened the closet door, I was surprised to see it filled with clothes already. The good thing was that they were clothes that I would actually agree to be seen in public with. There was a full-length mirror on the back of the door, and it had a sticky note attached to it. I peeled it off and then read the neat calligraphy.

Consider this an apology from the way I acted back in Charleston.

The Goddess of Love herself,

Aphrodite.

Well it looks like my aunt had her not so conceited moments. I tossed the note in the trash and plopped down on the bed. I almost passed out from exhaustion. Walking from one part of New York to another was not fun when you were a demigod. It also wasn't fun when you were demigod with hardly any social experiences with mortals. In other words, you could call me peoplephobic.

Just as I was going to fall asleep, there was a knock at the door. I sat up and tried to fix my unruly hair as best I could. "Come in." I called. The door opened and Carter poked his head in. "Hey there." I said with a smile. "Hey Sophie. I just wanted to let you know that we're gonna start our sword fighting classes now if you wanna watch..." He faltered.

I nodded. "Seems cool. I'd like to see how you guys fight." I said as I got up. Carter smiled brightly. "Great come with me to the training rooms." I flashed him another smile as I walked out with him.

The walk down the hallway was probably the most awkward thing ever. We were both quiet, both unsure what to say. I mean honestly, we hadn't seen each other since we were four. There wasn't much to talk about or remember.

"So... how long have you known about this whole Greek thing?" Carter asked.

"I don't know really, I mean, I guess I've known as long as I have been able to understand the whole concept." I explained.

He nodded. "I can sense you're stressed. Whats on your mind?" Carter asked.

I tried to hide my true emotions best as I could and plastered a smile on my face. "Nothing I'm just a bit tired because of the whole war thing." I lied.