Chapter 10.)

Sophie's POV

I couldn't sleep that night. I knew something was wrong. I knew something bad was going to happen but Gods of Olympus I wish I knew what it was. So when the sun started to rise, I was already wide awake.

I stayed on the Argo that night, just because I missed my old cabin. Depending on how things went today, I was hoping I could come back to bring stuff to the Poseidon cabin back at camp.

I now sat at my usual chair at the dinner table. I was alone, and it was quiet.

"Couldn't sleep either?" Leo asked as he walked in hesitantly.

I looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah."

He sat across from me and we were both quiet. "I don't think you understand how sorry I am for what I did. I didn't mean to do it... I just..." He faltered.

"Did." I finished for him.

He nodded sadly. "I'm just hoping that maybe one day you can forgive me for what I did."

I thought a for a few seconds of how I would respond to that. "I forgive you, because I know that being bitter about things won't get me anywhere. But I'm sorry too, Leo, because I'll never be able to trust you the way I did before." I told him. Then I pushed away from the table and walked up to the deck.

Once I was outside I vapor traveled to the other ship where everyone was still sleeping. I went to Carter's room and walked in slowly just in case he was sleeping. He was sitting on his bed with a book in his lap and a pile of them on his nightstand. "Hey." He said.

"Hey...do you mind?" I asked as I came in. He shook his head. "Course not."

I plopped down on his bed and lay next to him. "You look like you didn't sleep." He said worriedly as he put the book away. I shook my head. "No use even trying. Too anxious." I said as I flipped onto my stomach.

"Well you're not alone. I couldn't and I don't think Sadie slept either." He told me. We were silent for a moment before I spoke again. "Why do I-" I started.

"Feel like something wrong is gonna happen? Yeah. Me too. It's just that feeling right?" He asked. I nodded. "I sometimes wish I could tell the future." I told him. "I think we all do sometime." Carter chuckled.

I flipped back over onto my back and sighed. "We should probably go get ready now. We still need to check out the premises and get to the Acropolis without getting noticed by Giants or other monsters."

"Yeah probably." He agreed. Of course we still didn't move from the bed. We laughed and I turned my body to face him. "I really don't want to do this." I admitted to him. "But you have no choice." Carter told me.

"Actually I did. I made the choice to leave Olympus. I could've stayed there. But hey, I'm glad I came here. I've met some pretty cool people." I explained.

"I'm glad you came here too." He said staring straight at me. I blushed and smiled. We started to lean in again, ever so slowly...

But then there was a knock at the door.

"Sophie? Percy is asking for you." Walt called from outside. I groaned softly. "How did you know I was in here?" I asked.