Mated to the Alpha King

Samantha's POV

"Can't you walk faster?" my best friend, Miranda, whined once again.

"What for? It's just another training day in the pack" I replied. As a result she raised an eyebrow at me and I knew exactly why.

"Sam don't make me repeat the same thing I've been talking to you about for the last week" she complained. Truth be told, I knew exactly what she was talking about. A week ago our Alpha informed us that today we would be training along with some fighters from the Kingdom. Yes, you guessed it. With the fighters from the werewolf kingdom, since we are werewolves. Miranda and I are Specials, which means that we happen to have a magical ability.  

No, we are not witches or something like that, we are wolves that happen to have an add up power. Miranda has the ability of controlling the water while I have the ability of controlling the fire. People can't understand how we are best friends since we control opposite elements. But the truth is that there is balance in our friendship and plus me and Miranda share some secrets.
Like the fact that we begun being friends when we both almost hurt our mothers. We didn't want it, but when I for example, first found out about my power I was only 5. My mother wanted to hold me and she hugged me, suddenly fire exploded through my body causing my mother to have some injuries. I felt awful even for my young age, so I run away deep into the forest.
I met  Miranda that day.

Even though we were in the same pack we didn't know each other. We became friends and when we shared our story we found out that she too did something like what I did to her mother only she used water. 

Well, they found us some days later and we along with our families learn  to control it.  
With all that talking I didn't realize that we were at the clearing where we normally train.

"There you are girls" our male best friend and future Alpha told us.

"Hey Jake. How are you?" I asked him, he smiled at me and threw an arm around my shoulder. "I'm good "he replied casually. Miranda shook her head and smiled at us. She knows that Jake has a crush on me and I happen to also like Jake, but we haven't even told each other yet. 

"What are we doing?" Miranda asked Jake as we took a seat under a tree and watched Luke fight with a stranger.

"We are all going to fight with one of them and the best with all of them, I've already fought." he said. 

We spent a couple of hours watching kids at our age fight. I must admit those fighters were good and fair. When my time came I didn't bother to shift. I like to fight on my human form and watch the opponent's expression while we fight.

"Aren't you going to shift, girl?" the strange tall man asked me. Then my Alpha Daniel stepped in and said, "Sam never bothers to shift she is a good fighter on her human form. She can take a wolf down". The man raised an eyebrow.

"Let's fight" he said and we started. He kept coming at me and I kept throwing him back. His face was betraying his moves. I could see the confusion and anger in his eyes. The anger moved him. He threw me down, standing on me showing me his victory. Little did he know I never let anyone beat me so then I let my fire go, causing him to run away from me.  

The strangers stared at me with wonder, but my pack was used to it. My opponent shifted and came towards me.

"You are a Special" he stated, I simply nodded.

"Why hasn't the Specials of your pack presented themselves to the kingdom?" he asked our Alpha. "They weren't invited"our Alpha stated. The man nodded and said

"I want the name of all the Specials" and then he walked away.

Miranda and I were sitting on my bed going through some magazines. There was music on the background playing one of the songs of our favourite band which were of course, Paramore. Haley William's voice is amazing.  

There was a knock on the door, Miranda replied before me "Come on in " she said.

"Make yourself at home " I told her jokingly and we both giggled. Both of our mothers got in with a slight smile barely noticeable. They were both holding a letter with the royal werewolf shield. Miranda and I stared at each other, we both knew what that meant. 

We were invited to the kingdom as Specials.