Chapter 19

Cole's POV

After I made sure they were several guards out of Samanatha's room, I run out of the hospital with some of my well trained soldiers. I had to know what exactly was going on, so I could be able to fight it off. I met with my army leaders in my office, they were all waiting for me looking worried. "What is going on?" I asked them as soon as I was into the office. "Sir, they are coming. One of our citizens saw the army only miles away from us. They are coming and they are moving fast" one of them said. "How many men do they have?" I asked, "We are not sure, enough to be a threat to us , sir" another replied. 

I wasn't afraid, but I was worried. I had to think fast and effectively, "How many soldiers do we have?" I asked, "A thousand and more, sir. Also all boys over 18 are willing to fight with us" one of my leaders said. My head snapped at him "You talked about this with others" I almost growled, the leader looked frightened and cowered back a little "They came to us when someone let the word out that we are under attack, sir. A group of them told us that they were all willing to fight and they do know how to fight thanks to the fight class at school" he finished. 

I shook my head trying to process all the information. "Look what are we going to do" I started, "Take all the willing 18 year old and older that know how to fight and put them in our army. I want every single soldier outside of the castle and at the edge of our boarding line. We can do this" I finished.

"My King" a guard said while walking into my office, "They are not so many, they are just wide open and they give the impression that they are numbered, but...sir, their leader wants to talk to you" he finished.

All my men inside the office looked at me with expecting eyes. This was probably my first action as a King and I needed to show the kingdom that I am capable of providing them security like my father did. "Alright. I want five men around me when I am going to talk to him" I ordered and immediately my two leaders, the guard and two of the soldiers from Sam's room stepped forward.

The man in front of me seemed many years older than me. You could tell by the way he was standing and the few gray hair that probably made their appearance just a few years ago. He was standing in front of me, not talking, just looking at me from head to tow. He looked like he was trying to memorize every single detail. "You know, I assume, that not many have the courage to make an enemy move against their King" I said, he nodded his head. "My name is Gerard" he said, " I came to warn you and fight you" he said like nothing was wrong. "Why Gerard? You seem like a noble man, why would you want to fight your King? The man who provides you security" I said, he continued to look at me. After a moment he speaks "I wouldn't do anything if someone else was in your place, but you my King are the prophecy and I need to do what I was trained for" he said. "What prophecy do you speak of, Gerard?" I ask him, "I find it impossible for you not to know, my King" he says referring to me with a tone of disgust. "You and your mate are The Ones" he says, "We have to end this, before it even begins" he continues. Now his look is like he is dreaming, like he travelling away from our conversation. 

"My King, we are sending some of the soldiers on your way. Somebody left a message that the leaders is trying to play you" I hear the voice of Derek inside my head. I send a brief approving message back and focus on Gerard, who is now looking at me deep into my eyes. "Where is your mate, my King?" he asks and momentarily I am scared for Sam, but quickly I remember she is sleeping safe and sound. "It is none of your bussiness, Gerard" I answer. He shakes his head and thats when all started.

I don't know how, but I do know when. When he shook his head his soldiers were like they were being activated. Like he pushed some button that turn them on, like they were machines. At that exact moment my soldiers attacked too. 

The fight kept going and going. Some were fighting in human form, others had already transformed into their wolf and they had let their animal side take over. Blood was spilling and some of the enemies even screamed when they were terribly wounded.

Gerard and I just stood there. 

We were exactly at the centre, not moving, not fighting. He was simply staring at me as I stared back. "You think you are safe" he whispered low enough for me to hear. "What do you mean?" I ask him, "But you are not" he continues, "You most deffinetely aren't. When we are done here, go back to your mate and watch her die" he said and he moved so fast that I didn't have the time to even think. 

With him left and his soldiers. They just stopped fighting and they followed their leader. As soon as they were gone, Aiden came by my side and I realized that he wasn't near me any of the time. That was weird, but I had something more important to think. "I have to go and check up on Sam" I told him and run towards the castle. 

I burst into the hospital room where Sam was in, but what I saw made me fightened and terrified at the same time.

*************************************************************************************************

Not exactly the battle scene you might have expected, but I didn't want it too violent, so there it is. I am sorry for the cliff-hanger, but I had to so it would give you something to wait for. The chapter might be a little short, but I didn't want you to wait too much, because some writers do that and I personally don't like it!!

Also, thanks to two of my besties I found a suitable person for Lady Svetlana and I am still looking for Gerard (yay! the new person in the story!)...If you have any suggestions let me know!!

Vote, Comment and whatever..!!

Kisses

-AnastasiaL