Chapter 21

Samantha's POV

My wolf and I were arguing as usual. She was tired and that's why she had shut me off, or something like that. I could hear faint voices, but only Cole's voice was crystal clear. It's because he is our mate, my wolf replied immediately. You just can't leave me alone, can you? , I ask her rather snappily. Somehow I feel her rolling her eyes and I have a sudden urge to hit her, but how?

I try to open my eyes, but she still refuses to let me take control over my body. We need more time, she says and I mentally sigh. She has been like this for a while, she doesn't let me open my eyes or move. Blocking her out of my mind, I focus on other sounds around me, making them stronger enough for me to hear.

"And you have to wake up, because some pretty scary and surprised things happened recently and I need someone to talk to and I have no one. We have been best friends since birth and you can't just sleep all day, you know?" I hear Miranda say kind of like sobbing. I feel bad for her, because she is right. Ever since we because friends we were always together and now, I stopped hanging out with her, but I was doing it for her and she couldn't understand. "I know what Aiden and you did at the forest all this time. I know that you think you are dangerous to all of us, but we can make it work. I am your water, Sam. I am your same and opposite" she says like she read my mind.

"Just open your eyes" she whispers.

I don't know how. I don't know why, but my eyes fluttered open willingly allowing me to see my suroundings. "Sam?" I hear Miranda's sweet voice calling me and a small smile plays on my lips. "Her bestie, I need some water" I say and she nods and run to bring me.

I look around me and see that I am in a hospital room. I have an IV on my arm and I am covered with beautifull white smooth sheets. "I called Derek and Cole" Miranda informs me as she bring me a pitch and a glass. She pours some water in and helps me take a sip.

At the same time Derek and Cole come into the room. Derek smiles at me kindly and walks to stand next to Miranda taking her in his arms, while Cole stands there looking at me. Relief is clear in his eyes as he stares deep into my eyes. With a quick movements he takes a seat next to me on the hospital bed. "I missed you" he murmurs to me with a bright smile as his hand cups my face, "I missed you too" I say leaning into his touch.

He looked strange. Even though you could see the relief and happiness, there was something that worried him. "Is there something wrong?" I asked hesitantly, they all looked each other unsure. A long silence made everyone feel awkward. From the corner of my eye I saw Miranda and without anyone realising I begun assesing her posture.

Every time something was wrong I could tell, from the way she was standing. Her posture betrayes saddness, grief.

Grief? Something was definetely wrong. "Cole tell me" I ushered my mate , he looked at me for a moment and then whispered

"Michelle is dead."

The feeling that got to me was weird. I felt the urge to grief, but at the same time to be proud of her death. My wolf was proud for Michelle for an unknown reason, How can you feel like that when she is dead?, I asked her offended by the way she was feeling. You can't understand yet. She simply said and blocked me out.

I turned my attention back to Cole. He was looking at me closely like I was going to break into husterically crying or something like that, but he was wrong. I was going to grief, but not with crying like a baby. "How?" I asked suddenly and everyones head looked each other. They don't know, I thought right way. "We are waiting for the doctors and some..friends of mine conclusion" Cole spoke like a true King.