Chapter 12

"Okay, so I sneaked into the Kings office, which was extremely hard, but I got to copy some of the papers I told you about. About the Black Mooners? Anyway don't worry, I think that I have most of the pieces of this crazy puzzle. Many many years ago there was a girl, a she-wolf with the power of the most dangerous element, which is fire. She was feared by everyone in her pack, they thought that the Moon Goddess had made a mistake or that she was an abomination. So, her pack sent her to the current King in order for him to decide what he is going to do with her. When the King saw her he was enchanted by her and he recognized her as his mate. But, her pack named as the Black Moon pack, was disgusted by her and wanted to kill her, that's when the battle started" she continued, I did nothing but hearing the story she was telling me while she showed me some sketches and drawings. 

"The Black Mooners in order to kill the "happy couple" gathered all the witches, werewolves and generaly every magical being that was against the King and his mate. Now, some witches, the good ones took the King's side and cast a spell upon the King and his mate. The spell the witches casted said that there will be another couple like them and they will unite the whole Kindom and that there will be fights and destructions no more. They sealed the spell with their blood. " she said and made a pause, "Is this the end?" I asked her and she shook her head, "Almost. For a thousand of years the Black Mooners seek the next Royal Couple in order to kill them and not be killed" she finished.

Hearing all those crazy information made my head spin around in crazy speed. This couldn't be happening, but it's true, i can feel it. "How? Why?" I tried to make a sentence, but only small words were able to leave my mouth. "I don't know other details. Just that if they find you, they will you and that...the kindom will fall" she said sadly. I looked at her confused, "Why would the Kindom fall?" I ask her unable to understand why a kindom like our would fall if i die. "Because you are now the Luna" she tries to make me understand. "I am not" I object, she sighed. "Technically not. But Cole has already accepted you, so soon enough you will mate and then you will be the Luna. It's that simple" she stated. 

"How are we going to live?" I asked her. "I mean, on the run? Never stopping, always afraid that we are going to be discovered?" I asked her, she shrugged and came by my side "I know that it's not easy for you and I don't think that Cole is that oblivious. Maybe he has a plan?" she says trying to comfort me, but the doubt has already made a  place in my mind. I can't live on the run, it was my dream to settle somewhere far away along with my mate. Have a family. I guess that is never going to happen, I will always be a secret. What if the King decides that Cole shouldn't be with me, or even if he makes him mate and marry someone else and have me as a.... lover? No, that is never going to happen. 

My wolf growls at the thought, "Don't think the worst please" Miranda beggs me and she sighs again "What do you think? That eventually he is going to get bored hiding you and mate somebody else?" she asks me with her are-you-crazy-tone. I stay quiet not able to reply, she caught me. "Oh my god! That's what you were thinking isn't it?" she asks me with hands on her waist "You are crazy, you know that? Cole loves you, he will never do something like that" she says, after several moments she mumbles "He is not your aunts mate". I froze at my place hearing that, i stay looking at her, eyes cold, mouth thin. I can't believe she said that, she knows how I feel about it and yet she mentions it. "Can you please leave me alone for a second?" I ask her as kindly as I can. "Sam I am sorry I didn't-", "Just GET OUT" I scream.

She nodds and leaves the room. I gather all the papers she's left on my bed and put it in the drawer of the nightstand. I lay down on my bed looking outside, I stare at the sky getting lost in thought. All different scenarios play in my mind. Cole getting married with someone else, me all alone, stuff like that. I feel almost broken even though none of this might happpen. 

I don't know how many minutes or even hours I had been looking out without thinking. My mind had closen off and my wolf denied open a conversation with me. I tried talking to her, but she kept shuting me out refusing to listen while I tried to show her all the possibilites. I wanted to ready, I didn't want to cry or break down If Cole or his parents told me that I am not qualified to be his mate. 

I am strong. I know that, this is why I am not going to let anyone bring me down. The sooner I get trained the better. 

Suddenly I felt somebody's arms wrapped around me I froze for a second, but the Cole's scent hit me like a thousand bricks. "Here you are" he whispered and kissed the spot below my ear. "Yeah, where were you?" I asked him, "I was helping my father with some business" he replied. "Hmm" I said enjoying the warmth of his skin, I snuggled closer to him feeling every inch of his clothed body against mine. I wanted him to make all my fears slip away, make me feel safe and wanted, "Samantha? Is there something wrong?" he gently asks me while making some hair that fell on my face out of the way. That made my face lit up and my heart skip a precious beat. "Tell me" he insisted and kissed my nose making me giggle. "That's a lovely sound" he commented and I blushed. Usually I didn't blush and I didn't even giggle, but with Cole everything looks so much easier and yet so many difficulties are laying on the road to happiness. "I-" I started to say, but what should I say? That I am scared? I've never in my life let someone see me scared, it's something I didn't allow to myself, that's because according to my grandfather fear is weakness. 

"I missed you" I say instead and I come to meet Cole's happiest smile. It's one of those smiles that are only destined for special people, for someone you love, you desire, you crave. For a moment I felt whole, like Cole was there to keep me safe and sound. I smiled back at him and leaned in to kiss him. The kiss was full of love and desire, full of happiness and relief. Relief for what? Maybe he thought that I didn't miss him as much as he did, but he was wrong, he is wrong. I already want him around me, the thing is I don't know how he truly feels.

"I missed you too" he whispers close to my lips. I let a sigh escape my mouth and my eyes travel from his sculptured lips to his magical eyes. He stares at me lovingly, "How about we go out tonight?" he asks out of no where. I frown, "What?" I ask him  "Like a date. I want to take you out" he says again. I stay silent for a minute trying to process what he is telling me, "Cole. Is it really a good idea?" I ask him. 

He shakes his head, "Go and get ready, I expect you when i come back to be stunning. I will take you somewher safe" he says and leaves the room. 

"Maybe a date will do me good?" I ask myself out loud....