Chapter 26

One month later

A month passed in a blur, but so many things happened.

I never thought that so many things could happen in only thirty days. Cole is over excited, along with every ‘survivor’ that lives with us in the little house, about the little prince who would come to this world in only a few months.

Naturally, our mothers were watching me like a hawk. They didn’t let me get tired, though I didn’t complain. Cole wanted me near him the whole time, apart from the times he would lock himself in his office along with the rest of the Alphas.

That is another matter. The Alphas. It’s times like this when you are truly proud about your kingdom. Around 5 of the mightiest and strongest Alphas came to our support; thankfully we had no problems with our enemies.

There were times when I would catch Elder Elizabeth looking into space; I knew what she was thinking about. Her son, Aiden. For a mother, betrayal is a heavy baggage, I wouldn’t understand it if I didn’t get pregnant and think myself in her shoes.

I wanted to comfort her, but what could I possibly say?

I was worried about the people back to the palace. The good news is that some of them escaped and managed to find us. They now have a place in the house.

The men who could not fight built another section for the house, making it bigger so more people could fit in.

The sad thing is hearing about the rest of the people back to the palace. Some of them died, children were left alone. Thankfully the people who escaped helped some of the children and brought them here.

Hearing about murders and tortures was something I cannot describe. The people who came described the scenes so well it was repulsive and made me puke.

The Specials who managed to come with us, well, all of them actually, were practicing and making sure they were in perfect shape.

Miranda didn’t let me practice on my own; every time we did we would remember…Jake.

It was still hard for us to admit to ourselves that our ex Alpha and friend betrayed us.

I was currently sitting in the kitchen eating a bowl full of fruits. It’s good for the pup, everyone keeps saying. One of the little orphans, my greatest weakness, Chloe, a 4 year old girl came into the kitchen and took a seat next to me.

I smiled down at her, “Hi Chloe” I said. She smiled back at me, with her bright smile that still was able to blind the whole world even though her two front teeth were missing.

“Hi, your Highness” she greet me, I frowned at her, “How many times I told you to call me Sam?” I asked her teasingly. “Many, but it’s hard to get used to it” she said sounding like a grown woman.

I laughed, “Do you want some fruit?” I asked her. She nodded and I offered her some, she took it gladly and started chewing.

“Samantha?” she summoned me with my full name. I never heard her calling me like that so I turned my full attention at her. “Yes, dear?”