Sick Emily and Getting Caught

Ashton's POV

I had just finished speaking with some of Emily's friends about her ex, Zayn. They said that they thought that Emily's relationship wasn't the best and were glad that they broke up. They haven't heard from him and told me that they would let me know if they find anything out. I thank them, and then go to my squad car.

As I'm getting in my squad car, my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and see that it's Louis. "Hey Lou, I just finished talking to some of Emily's friends. What's up?" I ask as I put him on speaker phone in order to drive. "Hey, Ash. Emily just told me the full story of what happened after she had a panic attack from thinking that he'd get her once she got out of the hospital", he tells me then proceeds to tell me the full story. "Ash, you have to find him. Emily will be staying with me for now, but I know that she'd feel better if she knew that he was behind bars", he says a little bit panicked. "Okay, I'll try my best. With her testimony we should be able to put him behind bars for a very long time once we find him. I'm going to continue looking for him and I'll let you know if anything new arises", I tell him. "Okay, thanks for everything", he says then we then proceed to hang up and I continue in my search for Zayn, now with a new vengeance.

Louis' POV:

Emily had been discharged from the hospital today, with the instructions that I would take care of her while she was with me. We get in my car and I ask, "Em? Are you hungry?" She tells me that she is, and I start driving to the local burger joint. We eat and then I take her to my house.

Earlier that week, I had gone to her house and got all the stuff she'd need to live with me, including clothes, books, computer, phone, ect. We had decided that she would sleep in my room with me, since she is my girlfriend now and it's on the ground floor and she won't have to go upstairs on crutches.

We get set up and both of us are really tired, so we go to sleep in each other's arms for the first time. I wake up first and see that Emily is shivering. It's pretty warm under the covers and I'm actually too warm, so I feel her forehead and find that she has a fever. I get out of bed and go downstairs to get my doctor bag and medicine. I feel really bad because I now have to wake her up, and Emily looks so cute asleep.

"Emily? Can you wake up baby? I have to take your temperature. You're burning up", I tell her in which she just moans and says that she's really cold and tired. "I know Em, but that's only because you have a fever and are sick. Please let me take care of you", I explain to her. She then slowly wakes up and I first take her temperature. Its 101.5, which is pretty high, but not so high that we have to go back to the hospital. "Hey babe, does anything hurt?", I ask as I start to feel her pulse. "My head hurts and my throat hurts", she explains. I then proceed to check her breathing and eyes, ears, and throat before I come to the conclusion that she has the flu. "Does your tummy hurt love?", I ask and she tells me, "Not right now, but earlier it kind of did". I then give her something to help lower her fever, and help with the pain as well as something to help her stomach ache and let her sleep for the rest of the day, while I just continue to take care of and comfort her.

Ashton's POV:

  I finally found a source that knew where Zayn Malik was. They told me that he'd be at the bar. Ever since Emily and he broke up, he's gone to the bar and drunken his sorrows away. I get a team to come with me and we go to arrest him for beating up Emily as well as pushing off the cliff and leaving her there to die. We barge into the bar and yell, "Police, we need a Zayn Malik to put his hands up. He's under arrest for attempting to kill Ms. Emily Burns". I see the young man fitting Malik's description start to make a run for it, and tackle him to the ground and tell him his Maranda Rights as I cuff him. We then put him in the police car and go off to the station.