Feeling Better

Louis' POV:

 The next day, Emily was feeling so much better and thanked me for taking care of her. "Of course babe. I will always take care of you", I say as I lean down to kiss her forehead. She closes her eyes to relish in the feeling of me holding and protecting her, but soon gets up. "I'm going to make us breakfast. Do you want anything?" "Okay love, just don't strain yourself. You're still under a lot of painkillers and have a few broken bones healing. Just some toast should be fine. If you need any help, call me down". She leaves the room on her crutches and I start to get a shower.

 Before I can get a shower though, my phone rings and I see Ashton's name light up the screen. "Hey Ash, What's up?" "Hey Lou, I just wanted to let you and Emily know that as of early this morning, we arrested Zayn Malik and he's being held in one of our facilities down at the station. He will have a trial, and if Emily's up to it, she can provide evidence and a statement then. If she does, then it would make the trial stronger and put him in jail for a longer sentence, which in turn would mean that she wouldn't have to worry about him for a really long time or even ever depending on how the sentence and trial go. I just thought that you and Emily should know so she doesn't have to be worried" "Thanks Ash! You are seriously the best police officer ever. I'll tell Emily the good news and hopefully she can finally relax a little bit".

We hang up and I go downstairs to see Emily struggling to cook on her crutches. "You're so stubborn. I told you if you needed help, to call me and I'd help you", I state and she quickly turns around, a bit embarrassed for being caught. "I know, I just didn't want to bother you. You've had to take care of me so much lately, and I didn't want you to have to help me with this", she explains with a slight blush on her cheeks as she looks down. "Babe, I like helping you. I like being able to take care of you and protect you and love you. I love you no matter what", I tell her as I take her in my arms and give her kisses up her jaw. "Aww, I love you too", she says as she gives me a kiss and together we make breakfast.

I decide to tell her about Zayn when we sit down to eat. "Hey Em, would you feel better if you knew that He couldn't get you ever again?" I asks with a curious expression on my face. "Yes, I'm just so scared that he will find out that I'm still alive and come after me again", she tells me with a bit of fear in her voice. When I hear that, I pull her on my lap and tell her, "Ashton called while you were trying to make breakfast and said that they found Him and have him in lock up at the station. He will have a trial and if you give them a statement, then they could put him in jail for a longer time. Would you be willing to do that? I'd be there with you every step of the way". She looks up at me and nods her head, "Okay, if it helps keep him away from me longer, then I'll do it". I give her a kiss on her forehead, then tell her, "okay, I'll call Ashton back and tell him we will come down there in a little while then".

 We finish our breakfast and I let Ashton know we'll be there soon. We then get ready for the day and go over to the station. We get there and I see Ashton waiting for us. He takes us in a room and Emily tells her full story while being recorded, as well as I give him the medical reports of when she first came to the hospital. Ashton tells us thanks and that we are free to go. We then leave and go back to my house and have a cuddle day again.