Before

The Time Turner:

"She's our last hope, Albus. We must do something!" Aberforth said, pacing the floor. His big boots clicked on the stone of the headmasters office, breaking his thoughts.
"Are you suggesting that we use the time turner?" Albus Dumbledore asked, his blue eyes twinkling with mischief. Aberforth reluctantly nodded. "We must put this to good use. She might be our only hope for bringing down the Dark Lord. She's the only one strong enough to help the Potter boy. We have to make sure they become good friends," he continued, his train of thought increasing. Aberfourth nodded.
"Will she enter Hogwarts the same year as the boy?" Aberforth asked. Albus counted the days, years and months that Harry Potter (the boy who lived) was born, and how old he would be in his head, and finally nodded. Their mission would be simple. Bring the baby of their dead sister, Ariana Dumbledore, into the future and raise her as their own.
"Remember, Albus," Aberforth looked at his brother seriously. "We're doing this for Ariana, and the rest of wizard kind. This can't be another one of your experiments failed." His eyes bore into Albus's with a sense of harshness. It was clear that Aberforth still blamed Albus for the death of Ariana-and of course her baby girl who they later named Athena Ariana Dumbledore. But Athena wouldn't be dead anymore, she'd be very much alive and brought to the future. The two brothers wrapped the time turner around themselves. Albus took it and turned it the exact amount of time, and so they went back to that horrible day of their sisters death. They came back seconds later with a baby girl with fiery red hair, but had her mothers same mysterious, turquoise eyes. The brothers thought it obvious that the baby had inherited the hair from her father, but the eyes and face were so much like their dead sisters, it was almost scary.