End of Year Feast

ATHENA POV:

I can hear them all whispering about us, but they don't know I can. I honestly HATE all this attention, but I think Harry's grown used to it, and Ron will take any opportunity to be the center of attention. Unfortunately, there are rumors going around that Ron chickened out and left everything to Harry and I, but that's not the case at all. People keep coming up to Harry and I and asking things like: "did you defeat the basilisk?" or "are you the heir of Slytherin?" or "did you write those messages on the wall?".  

"For Merlin's sake, people! Can you leave us alone?!" I finally burst at a couple of Ravenclaw third years. They nod, surprised at my reaction, and stalk away.  

"Thanks," Harry says laughing and I nudge him in the ribs. Ever since we got back from the chamber, Harry and I had been growing even closer than we'd been before. Some people think we're a couple even, but we always tell them otherwise. Ginny has also gone around telling her first year friends how we saved her and now they all worship us. Uncle Albus had also been very impressed by our actions and has given Harry and I a lot of praise saying that we make an amazing team and how we're both so brave. I enjoy praise sometimes, but he seems to be obsessed with out potential to achieve things and has been pushing me to get perfect grades. Harry's lucky that Albus isn't his guardian, or else he'd be pressured as well.  

Time goes by so fast that it's already two days before the year is over. Harry, Ron and I are eating dinner in the great hall when we see Collin Creavy run by.  

"Wait, wasn't he petrified?" They both nod. "Then that means-" I'm cut off as the doors to the great hall open, revealing a smiling Hermione. We all jump up and throw ourselves at her, starting with me. Once we've all had our share of hugs and tears, I pull back.  

"Hermione, you have no idea what you've missed!" Harry says, smiling at me. She looks at each of us suspiciously.  

"Go on," she says, seeming slightly interested. Harry and I take time through the meal to tell her the ENTIRE story from the day she got petrified. She makes odd face expressions through the thing, especially when he mentions the name 'Voldemort'. I don't know why people flinch at the name, it's just a name. Harry and I sort of swap when we get to certain situations, like when I hit my head and couldn't remember most of that part. Once we're done, Hermione gapes at us.  

"Bloody hell, you guys, you never told me the basilisk part," Ron says, interrupting Hermione.  

"That's amazing! I can't believe you guys defeated the basilisk!" Hermione says rather loudly and people start to stare and some gossip. "Sorry." She whispers and there's a moment of silence before we burst into laughter. People give us weird looks, but we could honestly care less what they think. We had all been through a huge ordeal and were just glad to be alive.

Finally came the moment I longed for but also dreaded: the end-of-year feast. It is by far the best feast of the year, but was also the last before the year was completely over. Ron, Harry, Hermione and I enjoyed our last minutes together at Hogwarts before they left on the train and I stayed behind, staring after them. Normal kids would probably enjoy summer and getting away from school, but I feel quite the opposite. I consider Hogwarts my one and only home, and I hate to leave it for so long. Although I would be going to the Leaky Cauldron before school started to stay with Hermione, Ron, and the rest of the Weasley family. They said they just had to meet me after I had saved Ginny's life for them, but they sound like nice people, so I accepted the invitation.  

"Athena! Hello??" Ron's fingers are snapped in front of my face.  

"What?" I ask dreamily and they all laugh.  

"We were asking what else you were doing this summer," Harry repeats.  

"Oh," I take time to think. "Nothing much, just probably hanging around my Uncle's houses, being bored." I say and they nod. I had probably already said that. "Oh, and Harry," I say and he turns to me. I can see the red line of his lightning bolt scar through his hair. "Promise me no more house elves will steal your mail so you won't come back to Hogwarts, okay?" He laughs loudly at this.  

"Promise," he says.

I watch them until they're little black dots against the horizon. I sigh and close the gates to Hogwarts, ending another year. My first two years had gone by too fast, and now I didn't want to be on summer vacation.  

"I guess all good things do come to an end," I say aloud.  

"And other good ones begin," my Uncle quotes from behind me, putting to hands on my shoulders. The next school year would bring so many new experiences, I could hardly wait.